Sunday, 28 August 2016

FRACTURE was a taut thriller that never once disappointed

Cast: Ryan Gosling; Anthony Hopkins; Rosamund Pike; David Strathairn; Billy Burke. 
Content Rating: Rated R for some language, some violence, and some sensuality.  
Director: Gregory Hoblit. 
Year: 2007. 
Source: Bought. 

Synopsis: 

An attorney, intent on climbing the career ladder toward success, finds an unlikely opponent in a manipulative criminal he is trying to prosecute.


Everything about this movie is brilliant. 


Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling deliver their lines superbly; both of them give excellent, stellar performances. Billy Burke, Rosamund Pike and David Strathairn are also perfectly cast; Burke, in particular, gives a brilliant performance. The story is clever, brilliantly plotted, and the mystery comes full- circle with a satisfying but unforgettable conclusion. It's not a "who- dunnit" but more like "how'd-he-dunnit", and it is so clever and perfectly tense. The cinematography is equally excellent, and the visuals give a slick, haunting view of life in and out of the courtroom. The dialogue is sharp, witty, and entertaining as well as realistic.
I HIGHLY recommend this film. It's superb, with stand-out performances by Hopkins and Gosling.

I give it: 4 flowers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)