Thursday, 15 September 2016

What I've Been Reading - BEAUTIFUL new books all round!


This week is so exciting in terms of what I've been reading :) I got two books from the library (one I haven't read before) and both books have totally sucked me into their worlds and left me begging for more <3  

Currently Reading: 

I have read Switched before - sometime last year - but I've decided to re-read the whole series so I can give each book a proper review and simply dive back into this addictive tale ;)  


It's exciting to re-vist the world of the Trylle; it's actually really surprising how much more I'm noticing now! I think I've definitely got a better understanding of their world than I did the first time I read it.  



And I'm FINALLY, FINALLY! reading Throne of Glass! I cannot tell you how long I've been dying to start this series and now finally our library has it! YAY! 


I'm kinda unsure what to think of it, though. It is very well written, and OH MY HAT the descriptions are gorgeous. Maas's writing is so vivid and I love the descriptions of all the beautiful dresses Caleana wears, and the whole atmosphere of the glass castle is so creepy and exhilarating. 
Oh, I love fantasy......

Future Reads: 
Firstly, these two beauties below are the books I'm planning to read next. Having just recently bought the movie of Water for Elephants (though I haven't watched it yet) I am SO excited to read the book, too!    

As for Torn, I actually have already read it, but I've decided to reread the whole series so I can give them all proper reviews and refresh my memory. 



The Scarlet Letter I borrowed from a friend and I'm hoping to start reading in a few weeks time.I LOVE classics, and this book looks very good.

Since John Green is such a well-known young adult author at the moment, I've decided to read one of his books and see what it's like. I'll probably start Paper Towns in a week or so.
And well GOSH am I excited to read A Court of Mist and Fury. No, I haven't
read the first one yet, but when I saw this on the library, glittering beautifully and completely new and since it had literally just arrived, I couldn't resist. I snatched it off the shelf in a near panic that I would lose it, hehe ;) 

What do you guys think? Is it absolutely essential that I read the A Court of Thorns and Roses first?



What about you all? What are you reading at the moment? Have any of you read what I'm about to? Are any of these books your favourites?  

2 comments:

  1. Ah yay! So glad you're getting in Sarah J. Maas! I've only read A Court of Thorns and Roses but I loved it - I must get to her other books! I haven't read A Court of Mist and Fury but I definitely think you should read ACOTAR first! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm so thrilled! Yeah I suppose I should....that means Mist and Fury goes back to the library for now :( Hehe x

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)