Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #1: Roseblood - by A. G. Howard




I haven't read any of Howard's books yet, but Roseblood just looks like something I'd die for <3 <3


Author: A. G. Howard.
Goodreads: Roseblood
Expected publication: January 2017.

Blurb:
In this modern day spin on Leroux’s gothic tale of unrequited love turned to madness, seventeen-year-old Rune Germain has a mysterious affliction linked to her operatic talent, and a horrifying mistake she’s trying to hide. Hoping creative direction will help her, Rune’s mother sends her to a French arts conservatory for her senior year, located in an opera house rumored to have ties to The Phantom of the Opera. 

At RoseBlood, Rune secretly befriends the masked Thorn—an elusive violinist who not only guides her musical transformation through dreams that seem more real than reality itself, but somehow knows who she is behind her own masks. As the two discover an otherworldly connection and a soul-deep romance blossoms, Thorn’s dark agenda comes to light and he’s forced to make a deadly choice: lead Rune to her destruction, or face the wrath of the phantom who has haunted the opera house for a century, and is the only father he’s ever known.



It's THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. It's a YOUNG ADULT RETELLING. It's GOTHIC. This is my dream come true! I am a die-hard Phan, and I adore all things Gothic.  This book looks perfect :) 







Anyone else looking forward to Roseblood?! 

8 comments:

  1. Yes! I featured this one a couple of weeks ago. I haven't read anything else by AG Howard, but this one looks so good. Hope we both enjoy it!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! *high five* I actually recently bought the first 2 books in Howard's Splintered trilogy, so I'm hoping to read those soon as well :)

      Delete
  2. I really wish this one came out before Christmas. As it is, I already feel like I've been waiting for it forever. However, I never get tired of seeing the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know :( But yes, the cover is just gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any A.G. Howard either yet. But the Phantom was one of my favorite stories. So, I'm looking forward to this one too. Hope we both enjoy it! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, it's always nice to meet another phan!
      Hope so!

      Delete
  4. I'm curious about this one! I didn't love Howard's debut trilogy (eww, horrendous love triangle). But I'm thinking this book might be better for me. I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting to hear that you didn't enjoy Howard's debut trilogy; I've heard very mixed things about it so I'm eager to read it for myself.
      Thanks! Hope u get to read it too! Enjoy your week :)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)