Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #4: Heartless - by Marissa Meyer




Goodreads: Heartless
Author: Marissa Meyer
Release Date:
8 November.







Blurb:
Long before she was the terror of Wonderland — the infamous Queen of Hearts — she was just a girl who wanted to fall in love.

Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland, and a favorite of the yet-unmarried King of Hearts, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, all she wants is to open a shop with her best friend and supply the Kingdom of Hearts with delectable pastries and confections. But according to her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for the young woman who could be the next Queen.

At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the king's marriage proposal, she meets Jest, the handsome and mysterious court joker. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into an intense, secret courtship.

Cath is determined to define her own destiny and fall in love on her terms. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.


I haven't read any of Meyer's books (though The Lunar Chronicles is definitely on my TBR pile) and yet this premise just looks amazing and totally like something I'd love.
And the cover is also magical and gorgeous, so that's an added temptation ;)



Anyone else excited for Heartless?



16 comments:

  1. This book is sooooooo gooooooood. I've also never read anything by Meyer before this and need to fix that IMMEDIATELY. Well, after I get through some more ARCs that NEED to be done YESTERDAY.

    This is a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm also DYING to read her books! Argh, I cannot believe I haven't started the Lunar Chronicles yet......
      Lol! Hope those ARCs go well ;)

      Delete
  2. Great pick! I am SUPER excited to read Heartless. I have been waiting to read it ever since I finished The Lunar Chronicles (which I highly recommend that you read right away!). Meyer is the master of fairytale retellings, so I know Heartless will not disappoint.
    Tessa @ Crazy for YA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oooh I'm DYING to read The LC, they look amazing! Glad you loved them!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I'm waiting for this book too!! Really excited for it :) I have to start with The Lunar Chronicles soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! And I hope you get to read The LC soon :)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely adored this book! We're sooo close to publication - hopefully you can read it soon. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved it! And thanks, I'm sure I will, too :)

      Anytime :) Thanks, and you too!

      Delete
  5. I'm so over fairy tale retellings, but this woman is amazing! The hype is strong in this one. Let's hope it's all true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, on the other hand, will never grow tired of them ;)
      But yes, I hope it'll be brilliant!

      Delete
  6. So much want. Not too much longer now. I hope we both love it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  7. YES! This is my WoW as well and I'm SO excited for it!

    I'm a new follower via GFC and Bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Great to meet you :)
      AH that's so cool! What a coincidence :)

      Delete
  8. I know that this is a highly anticipated book by most people I know. Great pick, and I really hope this book lives up to all of your expectations ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's like everyone desperately wants it ;) Lol.
      Thank you :) I hope so too!

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)