Sunday, 9 October 2016

What I've Been Reading - Attempting Austen and more Throne of Glass.....


This has been a good week for my movies and books! I watched the films of Safe Haven and Water for Elephants last week, and I'll be posting my reviews of them this coming week. Just to let you know, they were AMAZING!
But. Let's talk books :) 
So I start school again tomorrow :( Blah. And I probably won't be able to read as much as I would like to, so......double Blah.

BUT let's be optimistic.

I'm reading two books at the moment: Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) and Sense and Sensibility. So far I'm enjoying Heir of Fire, but not as much as the previous books in the series. Also, on the plus side, I've kinda found a new book boyfriend in Rowan. *swoon*



I've rather nervous about starting Sense and Sensibility. I've read Austen in the past and did not enjoy. But I'm determined to give her another chance and enjoy her books; after all, she's a classic, and she's a brilliant writer. I MUST must must like her...... *fingers crossed*



Next Up.........

After I finish those two, I'm gonna start The Crown (book #5 in The Selection series), which I got from the library. I read the third book in the series a while ago, having never read the previous books first, so yeah, I'm not doing this in order but I'm sure I'll pick things up. And the cover is GORGEOUS <3 




I'm also hoping to start Emma (actually re-read... trying to give Austen another go)  sometime soon as well :) 




What are you reading at the moment? Have you read any of the books I've mentioned, and if so, what did you think?

5 comments:

  1. I tried to read Austen but decided that it was too hard for me still (English is not my native language and I can say that I learnt it only 3 years ago so old english is still what I'm struggling with.
    Still have to start Throne of Glass series.

    As for me, I have one Christmas novella to finish and then I'll start The Boy Is Back by Meg Cabot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shame, I can totally understand; that must be so difficult! What is your native language?

      That's great :) I must actually try Meg Cabot, I haven't read anything of hers yet. Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. Ah, Jane Austen. I've tried so many times to read her books but NOPE. My brain doesn't like it! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha shame! I'm ACTUALLY enjoying S & S, can you believe it?!

      Delete
  3. I am currently reading The Ones by Daniel Sweren-Becker. So far, it is a really great YA sci-fi.
    Have you ever tried to read Pride and Prejudice? I have never read Sense and Sensibility, but I loved Austen's other novels. P&P is just so iconic and Darcy is completely swoon-worthy. Emma is also pretty good, but Pride and Prejudice will always be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)