Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Monthly Wrap-Up - Wrapping up October and welcoming November


Monthly Wrap-Up and looking ahead: What I read, what I watched, what I will read and watch....
And NaNoWrimo plans!

It's November! The month before Christmas!! I am SO SO excited and so shocked because it seriously seemed like just yesterday we were handing round presents and eating roast chicken and puddings <3 I'm not complaining, mind you ;) Bring it on! Hehe.

How was your Halloween? For me, the scariest part was when the crowds of little trick-or-treaters trooped past our house and my Mum and I started running round the house shutting curtains, etc, because we didn't have anything to give them and we were terrified they'd knock on the door!
(They didn't. Whew). And now I feel like an evil witch........

I'm pretty happy with how my October went. I've been fiddling a LOT with my blog and getting it properly up and running, etc, etc, and despite a few issues, I think it's all sorted now :)
I'm also really excited for November because I'm gonna start doing some accounting work for my Dad; he works from home, so it'll be perfect for us. And *evil laugh* it means I'll be earning some money, which, you guessed it, will be GOING TOWARDS BOOKS! Confession: That was kinda like my only motivation ;)

My October memes and other posts:










Waiting On Wednesday #4: Heartless




My Reviews:

Crown of Midnight - Sarah. J Maas

Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas 

One Hundred Names - Cecelia Ahern

Fool Me Once - Harlan Coben

The Crown - Kiera Cass

Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen

The Scarlet Letter - Nathaniel Hawthorne

Splintered - A. G Howard

Beautiful, beautiful babies :) I think my favourite reads of October were probably Splintered, Sense and Sensibility, and Heir of Fire. But overall, it was a very good group that I had the pleasure of reading. The good books definitely outnumbered the 'not so good' books. 

My Reviews: 


AHHH so many good movies! (and some really bad ones...). My favourites were definitely Safe Haven and Water for Elephants <3 <3 <3 
Next Up....Plans for November

So......November is NaNoWrimo (National Writing Month), where you're challenged to write a novel in a month; and you must try and reach 50k words. I've decided to attempt it (Help!) and I've spent the last few months outlining and planning hectically in the hope that I'll do better this time than I did two years ago, when I last attempted it. (I did terribly, okay? I hadn't done any planning and it just sucked!)
But after reading a lot of good books recently, I'm feeling really motivated to write, so that's good.
My NaNo novel this year is a dark, twisted retelling of a certain fairy tale ;)   

Anyone else writing for NaNo?

To Read:

Also, because of the time-consuming writing and stressing of writing a novel in a month and trying to reach 50k words, I've decided to only read ONE BOOK the whole of November. *sobs* 
Sacrifice for one's art, ya know?

Anyway, that one book I'm going to be reading is Room, which I bought mid October. I'm so excited to start, it looks beautiful. And if it's anything like the film, it will be :)


Some quicky news:

Because of all the writing I'll be doing in Nov, I've decided to post "What I've Been Writing" on the occasional Friday, where I'll be showing an excerpt of what I've been working on ;)



How's your October been? What are your plans for November? What have you read or watched in October? Are you writing for NaNo? 
Let's chat! 


6 comments:

  1. Oh yay! Good luck for NaNo! I hope you reach all your goals and I'll be watching and following along to see how you're going. I don't write so I'll be plugging along with my TBR and list of ARCs (which is growing steadily despite my efforts NOT to request).

    Hope you have a great week and start to the month!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 I hope you have amazing month too and that you manage to read lots and enjoy all your books :) Hehe, and I hope you request even MORE books :)

      Thanks! You tooooooooooooo!!!!

      Delete
  2. Good luck in NaNo!! I did it last year and it's a great experience if you're looking to write a novel someday. I also hope you enjoy Room! I absolutely lovedd it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I am LOVING Room :) I saw your review of it, too.
      Hope your November is fantastic!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with NaNo! And congrats on the job with your dad (book money = awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And lol, that sounds just about right :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)