Sunday, 20 November 2016

What I've Been Up To: Reading, Watching, Writing



   How has your week been? 


I'm still writing hectically for NaNo, but I did manage to watch a movie and start a new book, so I'm feeling happy :) 
(And guilty....)   




As I write this, my eyes are drooping and I want to collapse. No, I'm not bored ;) Just tired. I was at a party last night (yeah me, the awkward social bean), and I got home really late.  And then, because what else can you do late on a Saturday night?, I watched the first two episodes of Once Upon A Time Season 4, which I'd bought earlier in the week.
So yeah. Tired. How are you feeling? 

I reviewed the book of Room this week, you can see my review here. And I watched Shakespeare in Love on Friday; my review is here.

Oh! And trailer #2 for King Kong; Skull Island was released this week and I HAVE to share it with you all because it looks SO AWESOME! And I'm dying to see Brie Larson and Tom Hiddleston in their roles as well. Here it is :) What do you think?!

BUT...I bought two beautiful babies this week, pictured below :)  Scarlet is the second book in Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles, and while I haven't read Cinder yet, Scarlet was cheap online so I jumped at the chance and got her. But I'm planning to wait impatiently till I can read Cinder first.




I've been reading Queen of Shadows this week, and I finished it yesterday. My review will be up tomorrow.  
It's going to be a hard review to write, because my feelings are very mixed, so I'm kinda not looking forward to it :( 
But I love Maas's vivid writing; just adore it. 






Here're some of my inspiration pics for my NaNo novel. Paul Wesley and Brie Larson are the faces of my two main characters :) And below the pic are the links to five songs that are SO amazing, and which fit my novel and characters so well.  





Right Here - Ashes Remain
Stormy - Hedley
Bring Me Back To Life - Extreme Music

Enjoy! They are AMAZING :) 


What have you been up to this week? What have you watched or read or written? 


10 comments:

  1. You should definitely read Cinder, and then the rest of the series! The entire series is just so amazing, and I think everyone should read it! Yeah, my feelings after Queen of Shadows were pretty mixed, too, but for the most part, I liked it. The next book in the series, Empire of Storms, is actually really good, though..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, I plan to do that :) Glad you loved the series, I'm sure I will too!
      Interesting to know you feel the same about QoS; I am still planning to continue reading the rest of the series, which includes Assassin's Blade and EoS obviously.
      Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Now I'm watching third season of once upon a time. It's brilliant ;)
    Greets,
    My blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The third season is awesome, glad you're enjoying it!
      I followed your blog :) Nice to meet you!

      Delete
  3. Yay for buying Scarlet!! Hope you get Cinder soon too :) I've finally started with Throne of Glass!!!
    I love the pics and songs for your novel <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh YAY YAY I'm so glad you've got to ToG, I can't wait to know what you think :)
      Thank you. Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh - looking forward to your QoS review. Can't wait to see your thoughts.

    Love your NaNo stuff and glad that is going so well for you this year.

    I haven't watched the Kong trailer yet but I will today and then I'll see if I get excited for it.

    Hope you have a great week and I'll keep checking for reviews! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nervous about doing it, lol ;)
      Thank you!
      Hope you like it :)
      Thank you, you too, and same goes for your reviews! <3

      Delete
  5. Ohh, I used to love Once Upon a Time, and then I just stopped watching it.
    I should really start again, I'm so behind though...
    The season with Peter Pan was my favorite and all the stories that followed just weren't as good, so that's why I wasn't in a rush to watch every single episode.
    I have no idea what's happening in Storybrook now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sorry about that:(
      You really should, I'm loving the 4th season (most of it). The addition of Frozen's Anna and Elsa is really cool :) And since I'm a CaptainSwan shipper, I'm also LOVING Hook and Emma's relationship ;)
      I also loved the Peter Pan storyline, it was awesome. But you have a point about the stories after that; they have lost some of the original magic :(
      Thanks for commenting! Have a lovely week :)

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)