Sunday, 27 November 2016

What I've Been Up To: Reading, Watching, Writing, LIFE


How's your week been? 
You may have noticed that I've changed a few fonts on my blog, and changed the layout of my reviews. The change of review layouts was because I wanted them to look more professional and easy to read, and basically easier for me as well because too many colours and pictures and fonts can make your whole post start getting jumpy and HTML gets messed up, and YEAH.  
I just had to fix that ;) 


I watched Crazy Stupid Love on Friday (review will be up on Monday...or Tuesday) and it was really disappointing :(
This week I also read The Fault in Our Starswhich I've been wanting to read for ages, and Queen of Shadows. Unfortunately, I found both of them really disappointing :(
My reviews: Queen of Shadows & The Fault in Our Stars






BUT......on a happier note, I've just started reading Cecelia Ahern's The Time of My Life and I am loving it!  In fact, I haven't yet read an Ahern book I didn't like; she's such an amazing writer <3




It's almost the end of November which means it's almost the end of NaNoWriMo! EEEK!
I've got 46,114 words so far (YES!) and although I will be able to hit the NaNo goal of 50,000, I probably won't have finished my actual story by the end of the month. As it is, I'm only halfway through...
But I'm happy I'll reach the word goal, and actually really happy that my story's filling a whole book, which is something I was worried wouldn't happen ;)

Here's a tiny little excerpt of what I've been working on:




Here's a list of the non-review posts I did this week: 



How's your week been? What have you read or watched or written? 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thanks, as always, for stopping by my blog and commenting :) 


6 comments:

  1. I've not read The Fault in Our Stars but I have seen the movie and let me tell ya it's besically like the 2002 movie A Walk to Remember....it was okay but meh. I did like his book Looking for Alaska though. I don't usually read contemporary YA but it was quite good. Thanks for stopping by my Saturday Snapshot and Congrats on hitting your word count for NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very interesting to hear about the movie, thanks. I was thinking of watching it, but now I don't think I will.
      Glad you liked LfA, I plan to read that sometime too.
      Anytime! And thank you!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your NaNo progress! Nice excerpt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, go go go go! You can do it! It sounds like your story is rolling right along. =) Have a wonderful week!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you thank you thank you :) And you too!

    ReplyDelete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)