Friday, 23 December 2016

Character Christmas!


So I decided to try a very different sort of post for today. I wanted something Christmasy, and I wanted something to do with YA characters.
So hence this idea was born. And I'd love feedback, so share what you think of it!

Rules/Context: 
I picked 15 very well known YA characters. Then I divided them into three groups of five; the groups have to be picked randomly (although I did try to even out the guys and girls and separate the couples).
Then I picked five Christmas "jobs". And so imagine, if each group came together for Christmas dinner, who would do what and how would they do it?!

The "jobs": 
- The person who would host the party/dinner (decorator; etc).
- The person who would bring the food.
- The person who would bring presents for everyone.
- And the two people most likely to be found kissing under the mistletoe.  

Here are the groups (picked randomly): 


Group 1: Tris, Ron, Bella, Peeta, and Chaol.  













Group 2: Katniss, Morpheus, Four, Harry, and Aelin. 













Group 3: Feyre, Alyssa, Hermione, Edward, and Dorian.




Group 1: Tris (Divergent), Ron (Harry Potter), Bella (Twilight), Peeta (The Hunger Games), and Chaol (Throne of Glass). 


This is a hard one! But I think......Peeta would probably be the host; after all, he likes painting, which is kinda like decorating, and he's kind and nice enough to make everyone feel at home.
The food is easy. Ron loves food, so it makes sense that he'll bring it. Although, knowing him, it'll probably be all sweets and candy canes and chocolate ;)  
As for the presents.... hmm. I'll have to go with Bella. She'd probably be so anxious about coming and fitting in that she'd probably bring something for everyone just to be safe. 
And that leaves Chaol and Tris. I have to admit, out of this group, those two are the most likely to be found kissing under the mistletoe. And I can kind of see them as a couple, too. In fact, they would go quite well together, I think.     
End result: It would be quite a nice dinner. They are "calm", easy tempered people, and it would be a rather relaxing Christmas dinner :)



Group 2: Katniss (The Hunger Games), Morpheus (Splintered), Four/Tobias (Divergent), Harry (Harry Potter), and Aelin (Throne of Glass). 









This is an interesting group. I can imagine the tension between Katniss and Aelin - Katniss would probably hate her!
I think Morpheus would be a good host. He likes extravagance, and he's definitely got an artistic eye. He might not be the most friendly host, but he'd certainly take care with the decorations, etc.
As for the food, Aelin would bring that. Although she'd probably eat it all herself, refuse to share, and bring huge platters full of meats, pastries, and a number of things that no one in their right mind would be able to devour. Except her. But admittedly, she'd probably choose the best, most delicious desserts :)
I imagine Harry would bring the presents. If he remembered, that is. But he'd certainly want to thank Morpheus for hosting, and feel bad if he didn't offer anything, so bringing the presents suits him.
Out of this group, it's hard to choose two people most likely to be found kissing under the mistletoe. But I'll go with Four and Katniss.  Four would make the first move, and I imagine Katniss would react the same way she did when Gale kissed her: confused, shocked, and slightly pleased.  
End result: It would be quite a heated dinner, with a few arguments, plenty of tension, and perhaps even some food throwing ;)  


Group 3:  Feyre (A Court of Thorns and Roses), Alyssa (Splintered), Hermione (Harry Potter), Edward (Twilight), and Dorian (Throne of Glass). 









Ooooh, Hermione vs Feyre! Admittedly, I haven't read A Court of Thorns and Roses yet, but I've read enough about Feyre's character elsewhere, so I've got a good idea of what she's like. And I don't think Hermione would be able to stand her!
I think Dorian would make a lovely host. He'd make everyone feel at home, and he'd excel at decorations and planning and he'd enjoy it.
As for the food, I imagine Feyre would bring that.
Hermione would bring presents for everyone. She'd be super organised, and have chosen the perfect gift for every individual person.
I think Edward and Alyssa would make a great couple, so they'd most likely be found kissing under the mistletoe. 
End result: It would be a great dinner just for the sake of watching Feyre and Hermione face off :)  






What group would you like to be a part of?!




What do you think of my choices, etc?! Do you agree? Which group would you like to join? 
Did you like this post?

12 comments:

  1. This was a fun post! I enjoyed reading it!!
    And I agree, Aelin and Katniss would totally hate each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3
      Haha yeah, it would be SO interesting to see them together! Lol.

      Delete
  2. What a very interesting and original post!
    I must say, although I'm for a relaxing time, I wouldn't mind joining the second group just to see how spicy they would make Christmas :P
    Thanks for this post, I really enjoyed your idea and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Silvia! <3
      Yeah, the second group would definitely be entertaining!
      Thank you :) And I hope you have a lovely Christmas, too!

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOSH AMY THIS POST!!!! It's so awesome and the idea is great!

    I think I would be in group 1. The tension in the others might be interesting, but I think I would like the vibe of group 1 better (and seriously Peeta is one of my favorite characters!) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH AUDREY THANK YOU FOR SUCH A SWEET COMMENT!!
      Good choice. Group 1 would definitely be a cool group, and although I've personally always been Team Gale, Peeta is sweet too ;)
      Glad you enjoyed this post!

      Delete
  4. This is such a cool post! Agreeing with Audrey Caylin, group 1 would be the best choice because it seems the most chill. We've actually never heard of Splintered before - will be sure to check it out. :)
    ~Pendragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it definitely would be nice and chilled :)
      It's a VERY good book, hope you get to read it sometime!
      Have a wonderful Christmas :)

      Delete
  5. Such a different and fun post! I'd be in group 2 :P I like to take part in the food throwing :P That will be one fun Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I like the idea of food throwing too, lol! And it certainly would be a fun Christmas :)
      Have a lovely Christmas tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. This is such a cute idea for a post! I haven't read all of these books, but I think I'd most like to join the second group. The A.G. Howard are some of the ones that I haven't read, but Morpheus just looks like he'd throw quite an interesting party lol. And Harry would probably bring some cool, magical gifts! Plus, who doesn't love a good food fight? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Nice choice :) Yeah Morpheus is definitely a character; that would be an interesting party, lol ;)
      Yeah he would! Haha exactly! It would be so fun!
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)