Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Teaser Tuesday #3: The Sealed Letter



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Purple Booker that lets you share a few sentences from a random page out of the book you're currently reading. Don't include spoilers! 

My Teaser today is from The Sealed Letter, by Emma Donoghue. 

Here's the blurb so you've got context: 
After a separation of many years, Emily 'Fido' Faithfull bumps into her old friend Helen Codrington on the streets of Victorian London. Much has changed: Helen is more and more unhappy in her marriage to the older Vice-Admiral Codrington, while Fido has become a successful woman of business and a pioneer in the British Women's Movement. But, for all her independence of mind, Fido is too trusting of her once-dear companion and finds herself drawn into aiding Helen's obsessive affair with a young army officer. When the Vice-Admiral seizes the children and sues for divorce, the women's friendship unravels amid accusations of adultery and counter-accusations of cruelty and attempted rape, as well as a mysterious 'sealed letter' that could destroy more than one life...




Oh, I love that passage so much <3 



What are you "Teasering" today? Have you read The Sealed Letter?


10 comments:

  1. Cute teaser! Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'll check yours out, thanks.

      You too :)

      Delete
  2. Nice teaser. Shows quite a bit about the character. Thanks for coming by mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It does, I agree.
      Sure! Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  3. I'd not heard of this book before! That snippet is so sweet. I hope you're enjoying this one. =)

    Have a wonderful week!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an AMAZING book :)
      Thanks, you too :) And thanks for stopping by my Teaser!

      Delete
  4. I only read Room by her (I think that's the only one that's translated to Croatian).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Room, it was amazing. Hopefully you'll be able to read this one sometime, too. It's SO good :)
      Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely rest of the week.

      Delete
  5. That's such a sweet teaser! It seems like a good book.
    ~ Pendragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SUCH a good book, you two should read it! <3

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)