Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #11: CARVE THE MARK - by Veronica Roth


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we're excited to read. And on A Magical World Of Words, I include movies as well. 


Author
Goodreads
Release Date: 17 January 2017.


Blurb:
On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not—their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world?

Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra’s currentgift gives her pain and power—something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother’s hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows.

Akos is from the peace-loving nation of Thuvhe, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Though protected by his unusual currentgift, once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get his brother out alive—no matter what the cost. When Akos is thrust into Cyra’s world, the enmity between their countries and families seems insurmountable. They must decide to help each other to survive—or to destroy one another.



I'm not a big fan of Divergent, but I like Roth's writing. And I'm not a big fan of dystopia, but this cover is just LOVE. It's just so gorgeous and beautiful and mysterious and enticing, I adore it.
So, I guess, if it wasn't for the cover, I'd probably not be so excited about this ;)




Anyone else excited for Carve the Mark?!

26 comments:

  1. Nice!! I'm excited for this one too! Glad to see Veronica writing again! Feel like so many quit writing after they made Hollywood! Hope we both enjoy this one! Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that's great! Me too, and that's actually quite true :)
      I hope so too, and it's a pleasure. Thanks for visiting mine!

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait for this one!! I'm not the biggest fan of sci-fi, but I love Veronica Roth and would read anything she writes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad! Haha that's great :) Hope we both enjoy it! <3

      Delete
  3. Great choice!!! This one sounds amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on this one. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you're excited too, hope we both enjoy it!
      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  4. Yes! I am so excited to see another story by Roth. Hoping to love it as much as I loved the first book in the Divergent series. Thanks for stopping by Lisa Loves Literature's WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad! Hope you enjoy it too :)
      Sure. Thanks for stopping by mine!

      Delete
  5. I'm so sooo looking forward to reading this!! It helps that I love dystopian books ;) and I see what you mean about the cover. It makes so many questions pop in my head!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I really hope we both like it, then! Oh cool, I didn't know that :)
      And yes, the cover certainly does that. Thanks for the comment <3

      Delete
  6. Me too, very curious to see how this one is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad :) Hope we both enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed this book a lot, so I hope you will too! Great WoW pick ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you did, and thanks! It looks so good :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I am so super excited for this one, too! Veronica Roth can do no wrong and this book is bound to be incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, hope we both enjoy! Haha, it looks like :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Super excited because I just got this one in the mail! I liked Divergent but didn't enjoy the rest of the series... really hoping this new series will be awesome. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh exciting, that's amazing! Hope you enjoy :) Thanks!
      Sure! Thanks, you too :) <3

      Delete
  10. I'm curious about this book too. Added it to my lists! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes two of us :) Yay, great! And thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  11. I hope you'll like this one!
    I know I won't be reading it anytime soon, just because I am not interested, but it doesn't mean I won't be interested later. Who knows! I wasn't interested into Divergent either and then I binge read the first two books and eagerly anticipated the third book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Ah, sorry about that :( But lol, I totally understand; I can be really 'wishy-washy' about books sometimes, also depends on my mood. And yeah, I didn't enjoy Divergent that much either.
      Thanks for the comment :) Have a lovely rest of the day.

      Delete
  12. I can't wait for this one! I hope it's better than Divergent (I gave the first two books 1 star ratings) so this one has me tentatively hopeful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's better than Divergent, too! Hope we both like it, and sorry Divergent didn't go well with you :( The first book I found alright, but during the last two I was SO bored.

      Delete
  13. I must be the only person in the world who has NOT read "Divergent", lol. So I really don't know what to expect from Roth. As for this book, that cover is definitely GORGEOUS, and I really like the plot, too, even though it sounds like "Romeo and Juliet in Space". Lol. However, Roth has added some original touches of her own, so I am indeed interested!

    Thanks for sharing! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my own WOW!! :)

    Sorry for the late comment back.... :( Have a great weekend!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha shame ;) Lol, that's actually a great point! And yes, that cover is just GORGEOUS <3 Hope we both enjoy it!

      My pleasure! And thanks for visiting back on my post :)

      No need to apologize :) Thanks, you too! <3

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)