Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #13: DAUGHTER OF THE PIRATE KING - by Tricia Levenseller

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we're excited to read. And on A Magical World of Words, I include movies as well. 



Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller

Release Date: 28th February 2017. 
A 17-year-old pirate captain intentionally allows herself to get captured by enemy pirates in this thrilling YA adventure. If you want something done right . . . When the ruthless pirate king learns of a legendary treasure map hidden on an enemy ship, his daughter, Alosa, knows there's only one pirate for the job—herself. Leaving behind her beloved ship and crew, Alosa deliberately facilitates her own kidnapping to ensure her passage on the ship, confident in her ability to overcome any obstacle. After all, who's going to suspect a seventeen-year-old girl locked in a cell? Then she meets the (surprisingly perceptive and unfairly attractive) first mate, Riden, who is charged with finding out all her secrets. Now it's down to a battle of wits and will . . . . Can Alosa find the map and escape before Riden figures out her plan? Debut author Tricia Levenseller blends action, adventure, romance, and a little bit of magic into a thrilling YA pirate tale.

I love pirates. I love pirates so much. And this action-packed, romantic novel with a kickass heroine and hero that sounds dashing?!!! YES YES PLEASE!  It looks AMAZING, and I can't wait to get my hands on it! <3




Anyone else excited for Daughter of the Pirate King?! 

20 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Been seeing a lot of this one! I'm curious about it but I think it's one I will wait for reviews for before making decisions!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and it has some great reviews so far :) Hope we both enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Jessica is right, this one has been around a lot lately. Hopefully it is as good as the hype.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True :) And yes, I hope so too!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. This book looks really good, I love the cover too!
    I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
    Thanks for visiting my blog :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! It looks awesome!
      Thanks!
      Sure :) Have a lovely rest of the week!

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of this! Already on my TBR and requested too *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH I KNOW!! Oooh great :) Hope we both enjoy!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This book is so great, I really enjoyed it! Hope it lives up to all of your expectations ^_^ Amazing pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm SO glad! I hope I will too :) Thanks!
      Enjoy the rest of your week, and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Oooo, I have this one! I'm excited to start it, hopefully soon. Great choice, Amy! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's awesome!!! Hope you love it! Thanks!
      Have a lovely day, Alyssa :)

      Delete
  7. We've seen this around quite a few times, perhaps it's time to pick it up! <3
    ~ Pendragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah ;) Hope you enjoy it if you ever get to read it!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS AND YOU MADE ME MORE EXCITED. I am pirate trash, so just can't wait :) Fabulous post :)
    Prabhleen @ Booksarelife987

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE EXCITED TOO!!! Hope we both LOVE it! Thanks!
      Have a wonderful day, Prabhleen!! <3

      Delete
  9. OMG, AMY!!! I'm waiting for this one, too!!!! YAAAAAAY!!! Well, you know what they say about great minds thinking alike, right? Lol. But seriously, girl, this is an AWESOME choice!! I'm not too fond of the cover, but the story? Oh, THE STORY!! YES, YES, YES!!!!

    Thanks for sharing this book!! Also, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my own WOW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME MARIA IT DOES LOOK INCREDIBLE DOESN'T IT?! I AM SO HYPED!! Lol, indeed! Haha
      Yeah, I'm not too keen on the cover either, but THE STORY HECK YES YES YES YES PLEASE!!!
      Hope we both ABSOLUTELY ADORE IT WHEN WE READ IT!!

      Sure! Thanks for stopping by mine!! <3

      Delete
  10. I love this cover and I need more pirate books (pirate YA books that is). I saw a good ARC review of this one too a week or two ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting :) Me too, actually! That's good to know :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)