Sunday, 4 December 2016

What I've Been Up To: Reading and Watching


I hope you've all had a good week - and gotten over the shock that it's already December.......

It's almost Christmas. Well, kinda. Well, almost. Kinda. And it's exciting!
I've had a rather busy week, but busy in the best way :) Since I've finished NaNo and school for the year, I've been binging on Once Upon A Time Season 4, which is awesome and amazing and I will ship CaptainSwan to the ends of the earth and HECK Emma's going dark and it's all so delicious and magical and yes I'm obsessed.
In other news, the heat here has been AWFUL. We're in the middle of summer, and the only plus is that I got some new summer clothes from my cousin, which is great cos I really needed summery clothes.
(I'm a winter person, by the way). So yeah. I hate the heat ;)

Posts of the week:
What I've Learnt From NaNoWriMo
Follow Friday #1
Monthly Wrap-Up
Waiting on Wednesday #9: Passengers (film)

I reviewed one book and one movie this week; loved the book, didn't like the movie so much.
Crazy, Stupid, Love (film)
The Time of My Life - by Cecelia Ahern

I'm reading two books at the moment. Re-reading Sisters Red (because I love it so much and want to give it a proper review) and See Me, which is exciting but not great.




Next Up......

I borrowed Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) and The Hollow Boy (Lockwood & Co. #3)  from the library, and they both look very interesting. I read one of the Lockwood & Co. books a while ago, and if I remember correctly, I enjoyed it :) 






How's your week been? What are you reading or watching? 

10 comments:

  1. Great post!And I hate the heat too!! My week's been really busy..Final Semester of college has started and I already feel weighed down by records and lab classes and assignments. I'm dying for my Christmas holidays to begin..BUT I did get some reading in :) I read The Treemakers by C.L.Rozelle and it sequel..It's dystopian but really different and pretty much awesome :) I'm currently reading The Raven Boys..It's REALLY interesting but I have to say it was a slow start..Now that I'm deep in it, I kinda think it's AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah *high fives* ;)
      Sorry about all that busyness. That sounds really stressfull and crazy, although I'm glad you've managed to get some reading in. I haven't read any of those books but I've heard of them, and I'm so glad you're enjoying them :)
      Hope your week is calmer and more relaxng than this one's been! Thanks for commenting, Uma :) <3

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great week! Love Nicholas Sparks and Cecelia Ahren (although P.S. I Love You is my favorite movie ever!) Enjoy your week! (New GFC, Bloglovin, and Goodreads follower!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was thank you!
      Oh YAY YAY another Cecelia fan! And oh my word yes, I also LOVED the film (and book) of P.S I Love You :) Thanks for the follows, it is fantastic to meet you Drea! <3 Have a lovely week :)

      Delete
  3. NaNo has taken up all my time, so... I haven't been reading or watching much? I saw Fantastic Beasts in the theaters, which was aaammaaazing. I just really love Newt. Newt is awesome. <3

    I read Scythe by Neal Shusterman, and that is like my new favorite book EVER. It was amazing and I cannot.

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I also did NaNo :) But cool, I'm glad u got to watch Fantastic Beasts! It looks so awesome! I'm sure I'll love it too when I finally get round to seeing it, lol.
      That's great! I haven't heard of that book, but now I'll definitely look it up. Glad you enjoyed it!
      Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely week:)

      Delete
  4. No...I have not gotten over the shock that it's December already! I mean, really?!? I went to see the Nutcracker ballet with my mom, so that helped put me in the season a little bit ;)

    I'm re-reading Molly Evangeline's Makilien books this month, and am almost finished with The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas. I have never been so excited over a book I have to read for SCHOOL. Can't every one be like this? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! Ooh the Nutcracker ballet, that sounds lovely! I love watching ballet - especially on ice:)
      That's cool, I haven't heard of those books. And it's great you're excited over a school book! Since I'm homeschooled, I often get to read these wonderful books, so I know how you feel :)
      Have a lovely week and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, December. And almost half way through already. I don't even KNOW what happened to my year.

    I'm so glad you did well with NaNo and that you cracked your goal and then some - AND that your first draft is complete! That's amazing! I hope you will continue to share your writing journey.

    I'm also glad that I finally got around to visiting your blog again after my trip away. I've been missing you! :)

    Catch up more this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah ;)

      Thank you so much. There's hard work ahead, but I'm determined to try my best :)

      Yay me too! I really missed you as well <3 Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)