Sunday, 29 January 2017

6 Month Blogoversary! (a.k.a my baby is now 6 months old...)


On the 31st of January it will have been 6 months since I started A Magical World Of Words. It seriously does not seem like months, it seems like days....... I'm still so much of a newbie, but I have learnt a lot since I started my blog, and I'm so grateful for everything and everyone who has contributed to my blog's "survival" over the last six months.






THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! Thank you for supporting my blog, following my blog, liking/retweeting my tweets, loving my posts on Bloglovin', commenting, chatting with me, thank you thank you thank you. I can never say that enough. And I'd love to list everyone, but then this post would be super long and you'd hate me, and so I'm just going to name a few :)

Di @ Book Reviews by Di - Di was my first proper blog follower :) Since then, I have loved every minute of our chats and discussions, and she has been amazing when it comes to helping me with tricky issues like HTML and coding and blog design.  She's always so willing to give advice or share tips, and her blog is seriously awesome and professional so go check it out!.     

Uma @ Books.Bags. Burgers - Uma's a fellow feminist, fangirl, daydreamer, writer, and Cecelia Ahern fan. Need I say more?! She always supports and comments regularly on my posts, and her own blog is beautiful and her posts are a delight to read. I LOVE fangirling with Uma, and chatting with her and Di has been one of the best things about having a blog :)   

Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic  - After seeing Kyra's lovely blog and the piles of books sitting on her bedroom floor, I was seriously motivated.  Now she's in England - *sobs* - but thank goodness for Facebook; we chat regularly, and she's always there to rant to or fangirl with, so that's awesome :)  

Audrey @ Audrey Caylin - Audrey's also a writer, and I love reading her posts and chatting to her about writing! She always leaves such thoughtful comments on my blog, and it's great to talk to someone who loves writing as much as I do.  

Maria @ A Night's Dream of Books - Maria is an awesome online friend to have!! Her comments are so thoughtful and positive, and she's a passionate fangirl and feminist like me, so it's always a joy to talk to her!  


Some more shout-outs because I can't resist: Book Lover, Alyssa, Brittany, Luna & Saturn, and Prabhleen

And thank you most importantly to Jesus Christ, for allowing me this chance.





HTML is a pain

Fighting with HTML can seriously kill your blogging spirit. I've wrestled with it constantly and stressed over it and sweated over it and IT. IS. A. PAIN. Adding to CSS is much easier, but coding in general is still a huge annoyance. It takes huge amounts of time, and there's literally your whole blog design at stake sometimes.   
Also, there's your blog layout. I doubt I'll ever be completely happy with mine, but it takes a lot of time to redesign, so often you just have to relax and try be satisfied. And that's hard too. 


It's not about the books, it's about the buddies: 

You start a book blog. You talk to people about books. That's basically it.
Well, that's what I thought when I first started this blog. And I'm so glad it didn't turn out like that.

My favourite part of blogging is talking to the amazing people I've met online. Chatting, commenting, interacting...it's just amazing.  The blogging community is incredible, and I feel so honoured to be a part of it.   


Keeping a diary and scheduling HELPS A LOT: 

I thought I was organised before I started blogging, but it turns out that kind of organised is nothing like blogging organised. I now use my diary OCD-like, and literally never stress about posts because I always know what's coming and what day I'll post them, and it makes a world of difference. 
I don't know how I'd cope without my diary :) 


Blogging takes a lot of time: 

It's not just writing posts or reviews, it's the commenting, replying to comments, visiting blogs, Twitter, Facebook......
I love every minute, don't get me wrong, but it can be very time-consuming and overwhelming. When I started my blog, I had to give up something so I had time for blogging. I ended up cutting back drastically on making YouTube fandom videos, which I was doing regularly. I wish I could do it as often as I used to, but there's no time.  And when push comes to shove, I'd definitely choose blogging. But it does mean I have to be serious about committing to it.    


I'd love your feedback! Are there any blogging things you think I should know? Anything you think I should improve on? Let me know! 


Again, thank you. Here's to many more months and years of blogging fun and friendship!! 
<3 <3 Xx




37 comments:

  1. I started my book blog to promote Indie authors and have a second place for reviews other than Goodreads but it was chatting with fellow book fans that I started to enjoy. I love replying to comments and visiting blogs, sharing thoughts on group discussion posts. It's fun but it is time consuming! I'm lucky as I don't work but I can't imagine how you guys out there who work full time and have families cope! Writing some of these posts take ages and you never know if it will interest anyone after the efforts! But it is fun! When it stops being fun, I'll stop doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's so cool, I didn't know that :)
      Oh yes, I totally agree. It's amazing to chat to people in other countries who share your interests, and that's definitely been the highlight for me!
      Haha I know! I really do wonder how some people find the time :) Yeah that's so true! I worry about that a lot ;)
      It is definitely fun! Lol, okay! Hope that won't be for a while :)

      Delete
  2. Blogging IS a lot of work, but it is so fun and rewarding to meet new readers or help a fellow writer! Happy 6-month-iversary Amy! So glad we've become bookish friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so rewarding and fun, I'm so glad you feel the same!!
      Thanks Caitlin!! Yay me too! <3

      Delete
  3. Happy blogiversary Amy!! I definitely agree that when I was starting out with my blog, html was such a pain and to be honest, I haven't used it since. But, we get through it, and the results, are an amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! It definitely is a pain, but I'm glad to hear you've coped without using it :) That must make such a difference!
      So true :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. HAPPY 6 MONTH BLOGOVERSARY!!! *hugs kisses and ice cream* And OMG! Thanks for the sweet shoutout <3 I love talking about books and blogging and a lot of other things to you too!! YOU ARE AMAZIINNNGG!!!
    And I totally get it about HTML being a huge pain! It still drives me crazy! also blogging does take a lot of time..at the same time it's fun too! And yes, it's about the buddies! I have made so many freaking awesome friends via my blog ..it has been so rewarding <3 looking forward to more awesome times in the future Amy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!! *hugs kisses back and gobbles ice cream* My pleasure!! THANK YOU, YOU ARE TOOOOO <3
      It is!! But yeah it's definitely fun, and so rewarding :)
      I KNOW!! People in the blogosphere are AMAZING <3 It's such a highlight of blogging!!
      Me too Uma!!! And thank you for such an amazing comment, have a FANTASTIC WEEK <3 Xx

      Delete
  5. *throws confetti* Happy 6 month blogoversary, Amy! Your posts and reviews have been a huge joy in the past months, and you've inspired me to get writing some of my own reviews. Thank YOU for creating this wonderful place to learn about books and movies and chat about them! :D

    Thank you! That comment made my day, and I'm so happy we found each others blogs! Talking about writing and getting to know you has been so wonderful. I can't wait to see where you go in the next six months!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *dances in confetti rain* Thank you Audrey!! Aww thank you, that's so sweet to say!! <3 <3

      Yay I'm glad!! And YAY, I'm so happy too!! I can't wait for more writing chats <3 Have a wonderful week, thanks for such a beautiful comment :) Xx

      Delete
  6. Happy 6 months!!! Glad to find your blog and I agree- HTML is a pain lol. And as time consuming as it is blogging is such a nice way to connect with other book lovers. Glad you're enjoying it, and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg!
      Yeah, HTML is such an annoyance ;) URGH.
      That's so true, and the blogosphere is truly a wonderful place :)
      Me too! And I certainly hope so :)
      Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Awh, happy six months!! This post made me realise I must have missed my own six months, it really does go quickly. I agree, HTML is the worst although I can hardly complain since my Dad is a web designer. I wish you many more happu blogging months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooklyn!! Oh no, shame! But agreed, it does go super fast...
      I KNOW RIGHT!! Oh wow okay, that must make a difference! Lucky you, that's definitely convenient!
      Aww thank you!! I look forward to getting to know you better :)

      Delete
  8. Happy 6mo! My only advice is to stick with it. There will be times where it feels like you don't have time to blog, or read, or really do anything, but those times will pass. Planning a few posts ahead or having a few saved for a rainy-day when you're too busy with other life stuff will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! <3
      And thanks so much for that advice, I'll try remember that when times get tough :)
      Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on six months! I competely understand with HTML. UGHHH it's the absolute worst. My least favorite thing is when i put my post in one font and size, but when I publish it, it's in x-small font. And then I have to spend a long time just combing through CSS getting rid of the code. I feel your pain. :D As a relatively newish follower (I think I've been following for around a month now?? I can't keep track of time!) I absolutely love your blog. It's so well put together, and I definitely thought you were doing this for over a year. I reallly need to start scheduling more. I do sometimes, but I'm juggling so much I can't sit down and figure everything out right now. But I want to so badly! Once again, congrats on six months! And I'm going through your shout outs and following everyone if I don't already. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Genni!!
      Oh yes, it's terrible :( OH MY WORD YES!! That annoys me so much too and I always stress about it!! I totally get you. I've recently tried to avoid changing font sizes just so there isn't a problem, etc. But when it happens, it's awful :(
      Aww thank you, that means so much <3 I'm so glad you like it :)
      Oh no shame, so sorry about that :( I really hope you manage to start scheduling soon! It honestly does help :)
      Thank you again!! <3 Haha yeah do! They're all great blogs :)

      Delete
  10. Happy blogoversary! I can't wait to stick around for more awesomeness! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it's so awesome to meet you, I look forward to getting to know you better :)

      Delete
  11. First and foremost - HAPPY SIX MONTHS!!! I'm so pleased for you and absolutely love that we've 'met' and been able to chat etc.

    Thanks so much for the shout out! And I'm glad that I've been able to help you out here and there. :)

    HTML can be a SERIOUS pain. Not to mention Blogger. HTML and Blogger together?? Aaargh! Also I totally hear you on the blog design and layout front - I'm not happy with mine either but I have to stop playing!

    Book blogging is a pretty incredible and all-encompassing thing, but I wouldn't change it for the world. It's an awesome hobby (other life?) and is definitely sooo time consuming, but you get as much as you give.

    Thanks for being an awesome blogging and bookish friend - I am so thankful you're in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU DI!! That means so much <3 <3 Haha, I'm so glad I 'met' you too!

      Sure!! Thanks, I'm so grateful for that. You've been an amazing help :)

      IT IS :( And AAAARGH is definitely the word for it!
      IKR?! It's so tempting, but also so time-consuming.

      So true. And, lol, you have a point there......other life? wouldn't know about that...

      Thank you for the sweet words, I'm so grateful to count you among my blogging buddies!
      Have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  12. 6 months, wow that's great. Congrats! I hope to read many more of your posts. I'm trying to motivate myself to finally learn how to change my blogspot theme around so I can make it look all nice and shiny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia!
      Oooh great, hope everything goes smoothly! Please feel free to ask if you need help with any coding, etc.
      Have a lovely week :)

      Delete
  13. Happy 6 month blogoversary, Amy! Congratulations! I so agree that book blogging is about the buddies and I'm happy I got to 'meet' you and your blog this year! Blogging sure is time consuming and HTML is a pain, but I wouldn't trade it for anything :) I'm still learning every day and it's been so much fun. Here's to many more amazing blogging months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey!! And I'm so glad to have 'met' you and your blog, too. Your blog is awesome :)
      That's true; as much as it can annoy me at times, I would never abandon blogging.
      Oh yes, I'm learning too! It's always so awesome when you learn a new blogging trick, I get so happy, lol ;)
      Yay! I hope so! <3

      Delete
  14. CONGRATS ON YOUR SIX-MONTH BLOGOVERSARY!!!!! WOOT, WOOT!!!!

    It is indeed WONDERFUL to be a part of the blogosphere, and meet so many nice bloggers to chat with!! And YOU, Amy, are one of those nice bloggers!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for the shout-out!! I'm truly honored that you mentioned me!! I'm also very honored to have a friend like you!!

    You know, sometimes I get a bit discouraged about blogging, because it DOES take so much time, and it DOES take away from my reading time.....but, seeing your enthusiasm sure makes me feel like going on!! So, THANK YOU for being such an inspiration!!

    Here's to many more months (and years!) of "A Magical World of Words"!!!!! HUGS!!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOUUUUU!!!! <3 <3

      It definitely is!!
      Aww Maria, that's so sweet, and right back at YOU! *HUGS* *HUGS* Thank you! I'm so glad to have met you too :) Xx

      Yeah me too :( But yay I'm glad I inspired you, lol!

      I hope so!!
      Thank you for such an amazing comment, have a FANTASTIC week!! <3 <3

      Delete
    2. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :) :) :) :) :) :)

      Delete
  15. Congrats on 6 months! That's a huge milestone :) And yes, HTML is definitely a pain haha.

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany!! Haha it certainly is ;)
      Have a lovely rest of the week :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Congrats on six months! Blogging definitely *is* time consuming! And HTML is a huge pain and sometimes I just deal with the status quo rather than fight with coding. LOL But making those connections with fellow readers and book lovers and fangirls (and guys) is priceless and makes up for everything else. :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya!
      And yes, it certainly is! Lol, I totally understand that. But yeah, meeting all the awesome people in the blogosphere definitely makes all the coding hassle worth it.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  17. Ahhh the first 6 months of a blog are crazy hectic aren't they? Everything is so new and exciting! Congrats on the milestone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are :) Haha that's so true!! I feel like that all the time :)
      Thanks Kimberly! Have a fantastic rest of the week!

      Delete
  18. I'm new to following your blog, so happy belated 6 months!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I look forward to getting to know you better :)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)