Friday, 20 January 2017

A TV Series for Everyone


Watching a TV series is one of the things I love to do. 
Whether the series gets your heart racing, or your palms sweating, or your tears falling, or simply lets you forget the pressures of life, there's something wonderful about sitting down to relax (or not relax) and enjoying the story playing out on the screen in front of you. 
There are a huge number of TV shows these days - a crazy number, actually, that I can never hope to get to!   
But here's a list of some of the ones I've really enjoyed :)  I've purposefully chosen a large variety. 





Robin Hood is addictive watching. The acting isn't amazing, nor are the effects, and there's plenty of cheese and *cringe* moments, but it's fun and very entertaining and the characters are wonderfully colourful. It's also utterly action-packed and romantic.
(And I've sobbed through a number of the tragic scenes, so yeah...) 

Once Upon A Time is my bae at the moment. It's a beautiful blend of fairy tales and three-dimensional characters, filled with action and romance and humour. It's endlessly entertaining and magical, and *coughs* Captain Swan are my OTP <3   

Arrow has had its ups and downs, but I've really enjoyed what I've seen of it. It's jam-packed with action and romance, and hosts a rich, three-dimensional cast of characters. The acting's decent, too.  




Parks and Recreation is delightful! It's from the same producers of The Office, but it's a lot more lighthearted, easy-to-watch, and doesn't have the strong emotional core of The Office, making it a lot more relaxing.
Amy Poehler leads the brilliant cast.  

The Office is probably my favourite comedy series. Steve Carell leads the stellar cast through what is an absolutely hilarious, heartfelt, tragic, romantic, and witty journey spanning nine seasons.
The characters are excellent, so is the whole production, and The Office will make your cry from sadness as well as laughter.
(I've never watched the British series of the same name, but some of my friends have and apparently this American series is a lot more funny and lighthearted).   

Horrible Histories is wonderful. I haven't watched it for a while now, but it's based off the series of books by the same name, and it's clever, hilarious, and very informative while still maintaining an awesome level of entertainment. The acting is decent too (with some exceptions...the budget wasn't great...) and the songs are very catchy :)  




White Collar is excellent, although again - as is the case with many of the shows listed here - the first few seasons are stronger than the last ones. But it's still a witty, romantic, intelligent series packed with three-dimensional characters, and it's made me cry on a number of occasions ;)
It's addictive; and the cast is very good-looking, in case you're wondering.....

Sherlock is so, so good. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are absolutely brilliant, not to mention the tightness and intelligence of the plots, the excellent cinematography, and the well-developed characters. It's a gripping and effortlessly classy series.  

Broadchurch is spectacular. It revolves around the incident of a young boy's murder, and dives deep into the different aspects of the case: the police, the townspeople, the family, the friends, and the press. Gorgeous setting, rich, rounded characters, and a story that will keep you guessing right to the end. It's excellent.       




Cranford shines with all star cast as they bring Elizabeth Gaskell's classic novel to life. It's a brilliant series; very funny, very sweet, and very romantic and entertaining. 
English life in a quaint country town has never been more heart-warming or fascinating.  It's pure class and pure fun. 

Downton Abbey is a brilliant example of a historical drama, sprinkled with romance and action. 
I was a huge fan until about a year ago; personally I thought it went on for a bit too long and when they started killing off my favourite characters, it just wasn't the same. And I thought it became a bit too much like a soapy :(  





What TV series do you like to watch? Do you enjoy any of the shows above? 


18 comments:

  1. I've seen some of Robin Hood and enjoyed it...plus Richard Armitage is gorgeous! I plan to look at Arrow, Once upon a time and Downton Abbey when time allows, maybe Sherlock too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is, lol!
      Hope you get to see them soon, they're SO good!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. YAY I'M SO HAPPY!!! Who do you ship?!

      Delete
  3. If you liked Broadchurch, then look into Happy Valley, another BBC show and amazing but very dark and very gritty. Also I love Parks and Recreation, it's my favourite show, I love them all so much, it makes me happy, no matter how down I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I haven't heard of that one, thanks for the rec! It sounds like something I'd love :)
      YAY I'm so glad!! That's awesome! And yes, so true; it's so relaxing and satisfying and lovely :) SO glad you love it too!

      Delete
  4. Oooh! This is a great list, Amy! In the past year, I've gotten so out of watching TV shows :P I was really into The Flash and Marvel's Agents of Shield for a while until both got WAY too unbelievable. I've been dying to start Arrow though. And have you heard of The Crown? Apparently it's a really good historical one (I haven't watched it yet either :P)

    Great post!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you like it! Oh wow that's so awesome, yay for watching! I haven't seen those yet, but I really want to, and I am DYING to watch The Crown, it looks SO good :)

      Happy watching!
      Thanks Audrey!

      Delete
  5. I used to watch OUAT but honestly I got tired of it. And Sherlock I need to catch to this new season... But I don't have the time yet to do it. Oh Well...

    Lii @ Girl Hearts Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sorry :( Oh yes Sherlock is SO good! I hope you get to see it soon!
      Oh no I'm sorry :( Hope you find more time soon!
      Have a lovely weekend Elisa :)

      Delete
  6. OH MY! So many series!! I LOVE Sherlock! <3 I'm yet to start on OUAT! I used to watch Arrow but not that interested now.. The evergreen shows I love and watch reruns of are FRIENDS and Big Bang Theory :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! (And *coughs* it was a pain to type up....)
      Ah you must, it's so awesome! Sorry about Arrow, though :( I think Arrow's one of those series that's just gotten worse as it went on :(
      Oooh I've seen a bit of FRIENDS and really liked it! Unfortunately I didn't enjoy Big Bang Theory :( But I'm so glad you love them!
      Happy watching :)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE Once Upon A Time! I liked the first three seasons of Downton Abbey, season 4 was okay, and then season 5 was just terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!! Who are your favourite characters?
      Yeah agreed :( It definitely lost something.
      Thanks for stopping by, Jollygirl!

      Delete
  8. Downton Abbey and Broadchurch have been on my list for a while! I've heard great things about both & I love David Tennant! (spelling? haha)

    Molly @ Molly's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broadchurch is excellent, I highly recommend it! Oh yeah I love him too ;) OH MY GOSH I forgot Doctor Who!! HOW COULD I FORGET TO ADD THAT?!
      Have a lovely rest of the weekend, Molly :)

      Delete
  9. Okay, thanks for making my TV watching list expand exponentially today! That's terrible! My books won't read themselves this year and now.... Oh dear.

    Robin Hood looks like I NEED to be watching it.

    I tried Once Upon A Time, loved it but just haven't gone back to watch it since season 2!

    Arrow I used to love but it really went away from all the things I watched it for... I may or may not catch up with this latest season.

    White Collar was an amazing series and I really enjoyed it all. Sherlock I've been wanting to try and just haven't got around to.

    Outside of the ones you have suggested I really love Suits! I also love my indulgence in a reality TV competitive cooking show we get here called My Kitchen Rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops *cowers* Sorry!

      It's a lot of fun, you should see it!

      Ah sorry to hear that! I LOVE it :)

      Yeah it's changed a lot :( Sorry you feel the same way. I didn't like some of the directions they were taking with the characters *cough* Felicity *cough*.

      It really was! I loved it! Ah Sherlock is so good, you must see it :)

      Oh my word yes! I haven't watched Suits yet but I really want to! Glad you love it! It looks like it has a White Collar kinda feel, so I'm sure I will too :)
      Oooh I love competitive cooking shows. Happy watching!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)