Monday, 30 January 2017

Monthly Wrap-Up: From January onto February......


I am literally stunned that it's the end - almost - of January. THE FIRST MONTH OF 2017 IS GONE!! (Nearly.)

My month went really well.  School has been bearable not counting maths and science but we won't go there, and I've been reading the Bible and writing every day :) I am SO happy about that! Some nights I just couldn't face writing, but I made myself do it and I already feel like it's improving. 

As for my sugar-free diet......it's going okay, I guess.  Although my Dad bought a box of instant Honey and Nut Latte the other day, and since I'm the only one who likes it and coffee is my ultimate weakness......Thanks, Dad. Nothing like a box of sugary, amazing coffee to motivate a diet. 

I watched and read a lot this month. It was also an amazing time for review requests - in the first week of Jan I received about four requests from different authors, and I also requested my first review copy; which I got accepted for and received from a publisher. I am SO grateful for all of that - it was amazing and I feel so honoured <3


Posts of the month (excluding reviews and weekly round-ups): 




My Reviews: 

A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas

The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey

The Luxe - Anna Godbersen

Unhinged - A. G. Howard

Freeks - Amanda Hocking

Rumours - Anna Godbersen

The Maze Runner - James Dashner

Frog Music - Emma Donoghue



My favourite book of the month was either Unhinged or The Luxe, and my least favourite was The Maze Runner.



My Reviews: 


The Host - 2016

An Education - 2009

Me Before You - 2016

Cafe Society - 2016



My favourite film of the month was probably Cafe Society or The Host, and my least favourite was Me Before You. (I think...)


In other news, I created my own blog meme! 

If you'd like to join in, simply borrow the graphic and provide the link back to my blog. Thanks!   


Tears on Tuesday is a meme hosted by A Magical World of Words that encourages you to share moments from books and movies that have made you cry - either in sadness or joy.








*coughs loudly* This is a VERY ambitious TBR; I doubt I'll get to all of them in Feb. I got most of the books from the library - except for Missing Books, which I received for review, and DarkthawSix of Crows and Flawed that I bought myself.




How has your January been? What have you read or watched or done? Got any plans for February? 




(My blog now has a Facebook page!! Find me here)


18 comments:

  1. I know right? It seems like it was only Christmas last week! Great month. I hope you'll have an even more spectacular February ahead.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! It's just crazy.
      Thank you :) I hope you have a wonderful Feb!

      Thanks! You too!

      Delete
  2. February is gonna start with me catching up on a paperback zombie series that I was loving until my dad snatched the books from me! That is priority next month. I want to do at least a week of my ebook blitz to keep my tbr falling...MIGHT try and sneak in Game of Thrones novels if I can...I can't believe I'm working on my February preview post already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh yay that's so exciting! Hope you enjoy! And good luck with all those plans, I look forward to seeing your posts :)
      Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  3. January was a great month for me too book-wise :) And wonderful reads and reviews! Also I love your February TBR!! It is so colorful and also, IT HAS FLAWED!! AHJAFSYBHSKK! *calms down then screams again*And OMG! Night circus <3 have a great month ahead Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad, Uma :) I hope Feb is a wonderful reading month for you, as well!
      Thank you!
      IT HAS FLAWED SO OF COURSE IT IS AMAZING AHGKJFDSKFK *screams with you* OH is Night Circus good?! Yay yay I can't wait to read it!!
      Thank you, you too!! <3

      Delete
  4. Looks like you've had an awesome reading and movie month! I hope you love Six of Crows when you read it :D Awesome wrap-up!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, thank you! Yay I hope so too, thanks :)
      Thanks! Have a wonderful month ahead, Brittany :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on creating your new meme! I can definitely say that a lot of bookworms will relate to tears lol! Six of Crows is the best YA fantasy I have ever read. Everything is just too perfect, I hope you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha you're right ;)
      Yay that's so awesome to hear! Thanks, I really hope so too, I've been wanting to read it for AGES :)

      Have a lovely week, Emily!

      Delete
  6. Hi! Thanks for following Wanderer's Pen. ^ ^ Congrats on the review copies! Also the Host is really good! I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^ ^

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure :)
      Thanks, I look forward to reading them! Oh yes, The Host was good :) Glad you liked it too!
      Have a lovely rest of the week :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, your TBR looks AMAZING! =D The more books, the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Haha so true :)
      Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Ohh, January came to the end too soon!
    Ambitious tbr, but I hope you'll manage to read all the books, or at least most of them!
    I liked movies you watched, I'll have to see Cafe Society bc I haven't watched that one.
    I'll go and read your review for Freeks now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It still feels like such a shock, lol.
      Haha yeah thanks, I hope so too, but I'm not sure....I think my excitement got ahead of me, haha :)
      It was a beautiful movie, I hope you like it.
      Yay see you over there!!

      Delete
  9. Oh looks like you had a great reading month in January! ACOTAR, The 5th Wave, Unhinged <3 And The Host, I love that movie! Hope you'll have a great February too, can't wait for your Six of Crows review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks!
      Yay I'm glad, I loved it too; I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it :)
      Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful month too :)

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)