Thursday, 12 January 2017

The Mystery Blogger Award



Thank you to Abi @ What Makes A Good Book for nominating me for The Mystery Blogger Award! 
The original post can be found here.

Rules:
  • Put the award logo/image on your blog.
  • List the rules.
  • Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
  • Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
  • Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
  • You have to nominate 10-20 people.
  • Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
  • Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
  • Share your link to your best post(s).




3 Things About Myself: 

1: For years I loved reading classics more than any other genre.  

2: I cannot stand chocolate ice-cream. 

3: I'm a feminist.





My Answers to Abi's Questions: 

1. If you could meet one character, who would it be and why?

Dorian, from Throne of Glass, because I feel like we'd get on really well and have a wonderful time chatting about books. 

2. What book is currently at the top of the pile to read next?

Frog's Music, by Emma Donoghue.  

3. Which book would you want to make into a film?

Sisters Red, by Jackson Pearce. 

4. Which character do you love to hate?

Sounds really weird, but Edith, from Downton Abbey ;) 

5. And which character do you actually hate?

Tamlin from A Court of Thorns and Roses

Random!: What's your absolute favourite Disney film? Ever?

Peter Pan! 









I Nominate: 


If any of you would rather not be a part of this, please comment and tell me, and I'll replace you with someone else :) 





My Questions for my Nominees: 

1: If you could marry one fictional character, who would it be? 

2: If you could live in one fictional world from a book or movie, where would it be? 

3: If you could enter a fairy tale, which fairy tale would it be?   

4: What is your dream job? 

5: Pick a villain you think could actually be really good as a hero.  

Random!: If you had to choose between spending the rest of your life in an ocean of cold water, or in a scorching hot dessert, what would you choose?





My Best Post:

Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't think I have a best post, I think I have a whole lot of average posts!
But I'll go with the one that has the most page views: 2017 Resolutions 



Thanks for reading, and thanks again to Abi for nominating me! It's a real honour :) 
I wouldn't be able to blog if no one supported my posts, so thank you to everyone who visits, comments, and reads <3 





14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for thinking of my blog, Amy!! I feel very honored! Although I don't usually participate in these events, I will make an exception for you, because you've been such a GREAT friend!! I always enjoy reading your comments on my blog!! <3 :)

    You have very interesting answers here! I have not read the books you've mentioned -- except for ACOTAR -- but I think I would probably feel as you do about these characters. I've been wanting to read "Sisters Red", and it does look like it would make a REALLY good movie.

    One thing about ACOTAR: my most hated character there was Rhys. In fact, he's the main reason I don't fangirl over this book. I did give it 4 stars, though, because I thought it was very well-written, and I like the plot -- with some reservations. But Rhys was a HUGE turnoff for me, lol.

    Incredibly, I've never watched "Downton Abbey"! I just don't watch a lot of TV. Maybe I'll start getting the DVDs. :)

    Hey, my FAVORITE Disney movie is also "Peter Pan"!! YAAAAAY!!! I LOVE this movie!!!

    As for my next read, I wanted it to be "A Study In Charlotte", but I have a book tour review coming up in February. Since I'm a slow reader, I should get to that one first, get the review done and scheduled, and then move on to "A Study In Charlotte". BTW, the review will be for a book titled "The Worthington Wife". Have you heard of it?

    Anyway.....thanks again for thinking of me!! God bless you!! Hope you're having a WONDERFUL day!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Maria :)
      Oh wow okay! I haven't read ACOMAF yet, but I quite liked what I saw of Rhys in the first book. That's so interesting to know, though!

      Lol! It's cool if you like historical drama and romance :)

      YAY THAT'S AWESOME!! *high fives*

      Oooh, I think I have heard of that, but only very vaguely. Hope you enjoy it when you read it! Good luck for the book tour :)

      Thanks Maria, I hope you have a wonderful day too!! <3 It's always such a pleasure to chat with you :)

      Delete
  2. P.S. How could I forget to mention this?! I'm a feminist, too!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me! I've already done a similar tag before, but I appreciate you including me! I definitely hate Tamlin too, he's just a terrible character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Ah ok, that's fine :)
      Yeah he's awful!

      Delete
  4. This one's fun. :) Thanks for tagging me, I don't do these much anymore but I will do this one. Nice questions too. :) I appreciate your nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. Oh sorry, I should've checked that first! Well, thanks for participating :)

      Delete
  5. Aww.. Amy! <3 Thank you for thinking of me! My blog is award-free but I would have done this award for you!! But unfortunately, I'm SO SO BUSY! and lagging behind on reviews and college work :( So you can go ahead and replace me Amy! i'm so so sorry! I'll take part in something similar when you do it again! Sorry again! I blame college :/ Also, I love your answers! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no sorry Uma! I totally should've checked first! I completely understand though, no pressure. Good luck with the work! <3

      Delete
  6. Love your answers! Yes, Tamlin really is hate-able. Thanks so much for nominating us, we really appreciate it. We've answered you questions here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yay I'll check out your answers now!

      Delete
  7. Interesting! I've seen this tag make the rounds. I'll see if I can get a chance to do it. I wouldn't mind meeting Dorian. ;) Great post, Amy!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, hope you manage to do it! Lol, yeah I think Dorian and me would get on well ;)
      Thanks Alyssa!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)