Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #15: CARAVAL - by Stephanie Garber


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that highlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating. On A Magical World Of Words, I include books and movies.


Caraval - by Stephanie Garber

Release Date: 31st January 2017.

Whatever you've heard about Caraval, it doesn't compare to the reality. It's more than just a game or a performance. It's the closest you'll ever find to magic in this world . . . Welcome, welcome to Caraval―Stephanie Garber’s sweeping tale of two sisters who escape their ruthless father when they enter the dangerous intrigue of a legendary game. Scarlett has never left the tiny island where she and her beloved sister, Tella, live with their powerful, and cruel, father. Now Scarlett’s father has arranged a marriage for her, and Scarlett thinks her dreams of seeing Caraval, the far-away, once-a-year performance where the audience participates in the show, are over. But this year, Scarlett’s long-dreamt of invitation finally arrives. With the help of a mysterious sailor, Tella whisks Scarlett away to the show. Only, as soon as they arrive, Tella is kidnapped by Caraval’s mastermind organizer, Legend. It turns out that this season’s Caraval revolves around Tella, and whoever finds her first is the winner. Scarlett has been told that everything that happens during Caraval is only an elaborate performance. But she nevertheless becomes enmeshed in a game of love, heartbreak, and magic with the other players in the game. And whether Caraval is real or not, she must find Tella before the five nights of the game are over, a dangerous domino effect of consequences is set off, and her sister disappears forever.

Oh, this sounds so amazingly spellbinding, magical, exciting, romantic, and deliciously hypnotic.
I NEED IT! Not to mention, the cover is GORGEOUS!! <3






Anyone else excited for Caraval?!

38 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this one :) And isn't that cover just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that's awesome! Oh YES, it's beautiful!!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely excited for this one too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Hope we both enjoy it!
      Checking yours out now...

      Delete
  3. I cannot wait for this! I tried getting the arc but was denied, but that just motivates me even more because I've been waiting so long!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! Oh no, I'm sorry :( Well, I hope you get a copy sometime soon! <3

      Delete
  4. I actually tried to stay far away from this one for quite a while. I don't know why...maybe because I didn't want to be disappointed? I always seem to be if I hype up a book too much. But now I'm really excited for it! Thanks for visiting my WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm also a bit worried about getting my expectations too high ;) Hope we both enjoy it!
      Sure :)

      Delete
  5. Caraval was one of my favorite and most memorable reads of 2016, so I hope you love it as much as I did :D Wonderful WoW pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THAT'S AWESOME!! Thank you, I hope so too!
      Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  6. I absolutely LOVED this book! Seriously, it is every bit as magical and wonderful as the hype makes it out to be. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT IS SO AMAZING, YAY! I am SO glad to hear that! Thank you!
      Sure. Thanks Alyssa, you too :)

      Delete
  7. OMG!!! I am SO desperate to get this one!!! I'm waiting on it, too!! Not only does the plot sound TOTALLY AMAZING, but that cover!! AWESOME, AWESOME pick, Amy!! You go, girl!!

    Thanks so much for visiting, and commenting on my own WOW post!! Hope you're having a GREAT day!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THAT MAKES TWO OF US!! Ah I know right?! THANKS MARIA!
      Anytime! I am thanks, hope you are toooo! <3

      Delete
  8. Ooh intriguing. That blurb has me super curious about the story and characters. Thanks for sharing. Hope we all enjoy it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is right?! It just sounds so deliciously magical :)
      Thanks, you too! And thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Hi, I just nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award! (http://whatmakesagoodbook.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you! I'll check it out now :)

      Delete
  10. The more I think about it the more I kinda want to read this. It didn't grab me at first but the more I see it around... and it does sound good. :) Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound very good :) Thanks!
      Have a fantastic day, Greg :)

      Delete
  11. I've never heard of this book until now, but it sounds amazing! I'll have to pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you love the sound of it! Hope you get to read it soon :)

      Delete
  12. I'm real excited for this one too! I can't wait to read it!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope we both enjoy it!
      I'll check yours out now :)

      Delete
  13. I'm sooo excited for this one! It's on the top of my "BOOKS I MUST OWN" pile lol

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Lol, hope you get to own it soon! <3
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. I've been excited for this one for a while and need to get it read. I already feel like January is flying by! Great pick!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to read it soon :) Lol, so true! And thanks!
      Visiting yours now :)

      Delete
  15. There's been so much hype for this and we really want to read this as well. Can't wait until we reach the end of January for this book to be published. Great WoW choice! <3
    ~ Pendragons 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, there has been a lot of hype for this! Hope you enjoy it when you read it :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  16. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's reviews of this book to find out a bit more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be largely positive so far!
      Have a lovely rest of the week :)

      Delete
  17. Great choice!! I'm dying to read this one myself. I've heard so many good things about it. Looking forward to your review.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too, and I hope we both like it :)
      Have a lovely day, Aneta!

      Delete
  18. I've seen this one getting lots of love on the interweb and I can't wait! I'm excited for it myself. Hope we enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it seems very popular! Yay I'm glad! Hope we both get to read it soon :)

      Delete
  19. Meeee! I need this book in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me toooooo!!! Hope we both get to read it soon!!

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)