Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #16: WINTERSONG - by S. Jae-Jones


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that highlights upcoming releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well as books.


Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones

Release Date: 7 February 2017.

Beware the goblin men and the wares they sell. All her life, nineteen-year-old Liesl has heard tales of the beautiful, mysterious Goblin King. He is the Lord of Mischief, the Ruler Underground, and the muse around which her music is composed. Yet, as Liesl helps shoulder the burden of running her family’s inn, her dreams of composition and childish fancies about the Goblin King must be set aside in favor of more practical concerns. But when her sister Käthe is taken by the goblins, Liesl journeys to their realm to rescue her sister and return her to the world above. The Goblin King agrees to let Käthe go—for a price. The life of a maiden must be given to the land, in accordance with the old laws. A life for a life, he says. Without sacrifice, nothing good can grow. Without death, there can be no rebirth. In exchange for her sister’s freedom, Liesl offers her hand in marriage to the Goblin King. He accepts. Down in the Underground, Liesl discovers that the Goblin King still inspires her—musically, physically, emotionally. Yet even as her talent blossoms, Liesl’s life is slowly fading away, the price she paid for becoming the Goblin King’s bride. As the two of them grow closer, they must learn just what it is they are each willing to sacrifice: her life, her music, or the end of the world.

All the reviews of this book I've seen have been amazingly positive. And just reading the premise I'm like: "LYRICAL, ROMANTIC, RETELLING, FAIRY TALES, SO MUCH BEAUTY YES PLEASE!" Doesn't it look so beautiful and chilling and incredible? AND THE COVER IS BEYOND BEAUTY ITSELF <3 <3  
I want to get lost in this magical new world and I want to fall in love with it.
I need this book.

P.S. Is it possible that this cover was crafted by fairies? JUST LOOK AT ITS GORGEOUS BEAUTY





Anyone else excited for Wintersong?!

P.S. If not, WHY WHY? 


39 comments:

  1. Ahh! So pleased to see you so excited for this one and I hope you LOVE it when you get to read it.

    There's a very real and distinct possibility that the cover was indeed crafted by fairies ;) It's too stunning!

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so too!! And I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

      Haha yay!! It definitely is stunning!

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! Seeing a lot of this one! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica!
      Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  3. YES! I can't wait to get my hands on this one as well. The cover is so pretty.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad! IT IS <3
      Thanks for stopping by, Aneta :)

      Delete
  4. It was definitely crafted by faeries. :D :D :D :D I'm reading this book right now! The prose is so sweeping and intriguing, I'm kind of blown away by that alone. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree! Wow that's so awesome, and I'm so glad you love the prose! I've heard it's so lyrical and divine :)

      Thanks, you too Alyssa!

      Delete
  5. Yep, it definitely looks and sounds amazing! Hope you're going to have a fantastic time with it :D

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it?! Thanks, I hope so too!

      Sure :) Have a lovely week, Silvia!

      Delete
  6. I have heard great reviews too! And this book sounds like a really unique retelling :) REALLY EXCITED for this! Great pick Amy! :)
    Prabhleen @ Booksarelife987

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everyone seems to love it, lol! It certainly does :) YAY I'M GLAD!!
      Thanks Prabhleen!

      Delete
  7. I'm in the middle of reading Wintersong right now and oh my gosh, the writing is so utterly gorgeous and lyrical, just like you said. It's so mesmerizing as you're reading that it feels you're being drawn under its spell. I think you're going to really fall in love with the book. :)

    Liz at Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so amazing and I'm so glad you're loving it! I've heard that the writing is spellbinding <3 Ah, that sounds divine - I hope you continue to love it!
      Yay, I hope so too, thanks!

      Delete
  8. OMG, I LOVE this cover SO much!!!! I even featured it in one of my "Shelf Candy Saturday" posts a couple of months ago. It's GORGEOUS. And the plot is incredibly AWESOME!! So of course I WANT this book! No, wait....like you, I NEED this book!! Lol. I can't wait to have it in my eager little bookworm hands!!! TERRIFIC pick, Amy!!

    Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting on my own WOW post! Have a BLESSED day!! HUGS!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT OH MY WORD!! Ooh yes I think remember you doing that!
      IT IS RIGHT, IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE.
      Haha yeah I AM DESPERATE FOR IT TOO! I hope we both get to read it SOON, Maria!

      Sure! Thanks, you TOOOOO! *hugs you back* <3

      Delete
  9. NOW this is a book I am waiting for and I honestly cannot wait to get my hands on it! Great choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book really is beautiful! It gave me so many feels! I hope you love it :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely looks like it! Oh yay I'm so glad!! Thanks :)

      Delete
  11. It is a great cover! Every time I see it I think what's that all about? I finally read the blurb and while I'm not sure it's for me, it's one of those cases where the cover alone almost makes me want to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly! Haha, good point; the cover doesn't really seem to match the blurb, does it?
      Oh yes, I agree. Even if it got a ton of negative reviews, I'd still want to read it because of the cover! Lol ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. I'm so excited for this book! I have an arc of it that I'm hoping to get to soon! I loved the movie Labyrinth so I have high hopes for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that's great! Ooh you lucky thing!! Hope you LOVE it!
      Thanks for commenting and visiting :)

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. It does!
      Checking yours out now :)

      Delete
  14. I have been seeing this EVERYWHERE! I'm really looking forward to it. The book is based off of the movie Labyrinth with David Bowie, so I want to watch that along with reading the book! Great pick Amy!

    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO!! Yay I'm so glad :) Oh wow I didn't know that! That's so interesting; I'll have to go watch the movie then :)
      Lol that's an awesome idea!
      Thanks Genni :)

      Delete
    2. My sister is a massive Bowie fan, so she's been really pushing me to watch it! Now is the question of if I actually will! ;)

      Delete
  15. Ah, such a great pick! I'm super excited about this one as well! And that cover is just sooo gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! YAY I hope we both love it! It is *swoons*......I just adore the white rose, and it weirdly reminds me a bit of Beauty and the Beast ;)

      Delete
  16. I'm not too much into retelling but it does sound good so I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that :( But thanks! <3

      Delete
  17. I can't wait to read this!! I just requested it on Netgalley so I'm crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOO HOO! Oh wow that's so awesome!! *fingers crossed* I hope you get approved!!

      Delete
  18. That cover is gorgeous <3 I also have a thing for fairytale anything, so the premise pretty much had me hooked from day one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so is :) Oh yes me too!! Haha agreed :)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)