Sunday, 8 January 2017

Weekly Round-Up: Reading and Watching


I READ 3 BOOKS AND WATCHED 3 MOVIES THIS WEEK HOW EPIC AM I

I feel like I need to sing that I'm on... "top of the world, looking...down on -" Except that's it's not completely a good thing, because now I have a big backlog of reviews. *sighs* 
Anyway, I still feel rather happy. My blogging schedule for this coming week is completely full, so there'll be a post up every day.  And I'm hoping to go to the library on Monday so I get A Court of Mist and Fury and the rest of The Luxe series :) HAPPY DAYS

The first week of 2017 has been amazing for me. I got three review requests from individual authors, and two very interesting-looking books are on their way to me! Yay! I also requested a book from a publisher, and they've agreed to send it to me! I'm so excited and shocked and thankful :)

With regards to my 2017 Resolutions, I'm so pleased to say that I'm making progress :) So far, I've been reading the Bible and praying every day, and I've been writing at least a paragraph of creative writing every day too. Yay!
How are your resolutions coming?


Books I read this week: A Court of Thorns and Roses, The 5th Wave, and The Luxe. My review of The 5th Wave will be up on Tuesday, and my review of The Luxe will be up on Saturday.

Movies I watched this week:  The Host, An Education, and Me Before You (FINALLY!!). My review of A Education will be up tomorrow, and my review of Me Before You will be up on Thursday. 





I'm currently reading Unhinged, by A. G. Howard, the second book in the Splintered series. 



Posts of the week:
End of Year Survey
2017 Resolutions
Teaser Tuesday #4
Waiting on Wednesday #14
Movie Review: The Host
Things Book Reviewers Can Relate To
Book Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses






Due to school starting again soon and the number of reviews I have coming up, I will no longer be posting a meme on Tuesdays. I'd rather just leave the space free for reviews and for preparing future posts if I run out of time.




How's your week been? What have you read and watched? Let's chat! 


20 comments:

  1. Now that Vampire Week is ending, I need to make an effort and start writing out some reviews for books I read last year. I've had a nice break from writing them so motivating myself to get started might be an issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I look forward to reading them :)
      Haha good luck!

      Delete
  2. Awesome job posting every single day! That's dedication! You seem off to a great start this year. :) I read The Luxe sooo long ago and it's too late for me to continue on with the series unless I reread the first book. I just lost interest in the series. :/ I'm heading over to your ACOTAR review now. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, this has been a great start to the year!
      Sorry you lost interest in the series :( I'm really looking forward to seeing how the story goes.
      Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  3. Wow what a week! I am so glad you read so much, I also have a backlog of reviews by now and it's exausting ahah

    I saw Me Before You the other day and I have never been more frustrated with a movie, I kept crying and asking how could a person write a story like that ahah

    Following your blog!

    Lii @ Girl Hearts Book

    P.S.: Your blog is very pretty aswell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah shame, I feel for you :( Hope you manage to catch up soon!

      Oh no I'm sorry! Personally, I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would, but it definitely was sad :(

      Thank you! I look forward to getting to know you better :)

      P.S. Thanks! <3

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you've had a great week - 3 books, 3 movies, and some interesting incoming reads. I hope this positivity continues into this new coming week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you :) Lol, I hope so too!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you had a wonderful first week of 2017! I had a decent week myself, though it felt very long. I'm already so used to 2017. :o I have always been curious about those Godbersen books! I remember seeing them when I was a younger teen and being curious. Not so much anymore, but I'll look out for your reviews to see what you thought of the books. :D

    Have a lovely week, Amy! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alyssa! Lol, shame!
      I really like them, although when I read the second book about a year ago, I didn't like it so much. Just proves opinions change!

      Thank you, you too :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! What a week! Well done on all the reading and watching and I can't wait to see some reviews soon.

    Best of. Luck with the next library visit too ;)

    Congrats on the books you requested / are receiving. What amazing news! I can't wait to see what they are too!

    Also well done on your resolutions :) amazing work.

    Hope you have another great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Di!
      And you too :) <3

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy you are on a blogging/reading roll! Keep it up!

    Kate @ The Bookaholic Blurbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I hope I can!
      Have a lovely week :)

      Delete
  8. I'll be curious to see your 5th Wave review since I never read it (or saw the movie). Congrats on your Bible reading and creative writing- glad the year is getting off to a good start. :) Plus the publisher books too- yay!

    Hope you have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it; although I didn't love it as much as I'd hoped I would.
      Thank you! I know, yay!

      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you've had a great week! I wasn't a huge fan of ACOTAR but I loved ACOMAF, so I'm excited to see what you'll think of it when you read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thanks! Yay, glad you loved it! Thanks, I'm so excited too :)
      Have a lovely week ahead!

      Delete
  10. Three books in one week... that's awesome! I wish I could read that many. Of course, I would love to write and read all day (*sigh*). But alas... such is life :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Ah I know :( Life 'tis a pain sometimes! But I hope you get to read and write more this coming week!

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)