Tuesday, 28 February 2017

Monthly Wrap-Up: Goodbye February, hello March...


February was a pretty good month for me. I read a lot of books, and I've also been reading the Bible and doing some creative writing every single day. Yay! I'm so pleased about that :) I'm actually planning to do a writing post soon where I'll share my latest book ideas and snippets...  

I didn't watch a lot this month, but March will definitely be a heavy movie month.  Our dvd store has just gotten in The MeddlerThe Magnificent Seven, and The Girl on the Train, so I'll be picking those up soon. Also, my dad bought me Season 1 of Arrow and Season 1 of The Musketeers, so I'm BEYOND HYPED to watch them! I've already seen a lot of Arrow on YouTube, but I never finished series 1, so I'm looking forward to that. And The Musketeers looks so beautifully romantic and action-packed and some of the actors are seriously good-looking, so YAY YAY YAY!! <3 


Posts of the month (excluding reviews and weekly round-ups): 
Waiting on Wednesday #18
Dear Writer, Be a Reader - Guest post by Caitlin Lambert
Tears on Tuesday #1
Waiting on Wednesday #19
The Blog Squad - Part 1
Valentine's Week : Romantic Films To Watch
TTT & Valentine's Week: My Favourite Fictional Couples
Waiting on Wednesday #20
Valentine's Week: What I Love To See In Romance
The Blog Squad - Part 2
Valentine's Week: My Favourite Romantic Songs
Interview with author Tiffany McDaniel
Waiting on Wednesday #21







My Reviews: 

Missing Books - Brian Harris

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern

The Year I Met You - Cecelia Ahern

Time Between Us - Tamara Ireland Stone

The Echoes of Love - Hannah Fielding 

Torn - Cat Clarke


My favourite book of the month was probably Time Between Us, and my least favourite was The Echoes of Love.    



My Reviews: 




Not many movies this month! It feels so weird. 
But my favourite was probably The Light Between Oceans.  





Click on the photos to follow their links :) 

Very ambitious, I know, but I hope to get through all of them! 








I have also decided to commit to something else this month: taking better photos and developing a theme. I don't have a bookstagram, but I want the photos for my blog to be as if I was bookstagraming them. 
SO.
I'm going book prop shopping soon, and I'm going to buy some beautiful props that I want to use to create a set theme for all my photos. A brand, as such. 
So expect some new kinds of photos on my blog and Twitter!  



How was your February? What did you read or watch? Chat with me! <3 

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love all your books. I haven't read The Light Between Oceans yet, but it's on the top of my "Need to Read" list. :)

    Did you like The Great Wall? I wanted to see it, but my hubs thought it looked cheesy.

    I've been binge watching The Vampire Diaries on Netflix. I'm so hooked on it, it's not funny. Last night I actually thought I had vampire superpowers until I remembered that I didn't and then it was kind of awkward. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read it too :) Hope you get to soon!

      You can read my review here :)

      Oh FUN FUN!! I love that series, and the characters are just AMAZING <3 Enjoy!!
      Lol!

      Delete
  2. High fives on creative writing every day! That's awesome! :D (and I'll be keeping an eye out for that writing post)

    Oooh! Bookstagrams are really fun and having it be part of your blog?!?! THAT'S GOING TO BE SO COOL. Branding is definitely a challenge, and photos are a huge part of it (says the person who needs to take better pictures herself xD)

    Happy March!

    <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey!

      Ah I wish I could do it, they always look so cool! But posting on my blog will be great too, and I'm looking forward to developing a theme :)
      Lol, but your pictures are beautiful!

      Thanks! <3

      Delete
  3. Yay March! I'm SO ready... glad february was good! I need to see Girl on the Train, it looks sooo good. And glad you got some writing done. I love that cover of Three Dark Crowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay indeed! Lol, me too! I feel so confident, haha :)
      It really does. And thanks!
      I know right?! It's so gorgeous.
      Hope you have a good March!

      Delete
  4. So happy to see that Time Between Us was your favorite of the month. :) And that's great that you've made time for writing. That has to be a good feeling. I've heard great things about Three Dark Crowns! Hope you'll enjoy it!
    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved that one :)
      Thanks Tanya!
      I hope I do too, it looks so amazing :)
      Have a wonderful March!

      Delete
  5. Ahh I so badly want to read Time Between Us after reading your review - it sounds so good! Your photos are looking lovely, Amy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, I think you'll LOVE it :)
      Aww thank you, Kyra!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)