Monday, 13 February 2017

Valentine's Week #Day1: Romantic Movies to Watch



Welcome to Valentine's Week at A Magical World Of Words! There'll be romance-themed posts every day where I'll share my favourite romantic songs, favourite fictional couples, and more :)  
Hope to see you stopping by!  


To start off the week, here are some of my favourite romantic films. (Emphasis on some, because if I listed every single one then the list would stretch to Mars.) 
While most of them tend more towards the romantic comedy genre, they're all still very sweet and feel-good :)   


                             
                                                                           Emma
In rural 1800s England things go bad for a young matchmaker after she finds a man for another woman.



Anna Brady plans to travel to Dublin, Ireland to propose marriage to her boyfriend Jeremy on Leap Day, because, according to Irish tradition, a man who receives a marriage proposal on a leap day must accept it.




A divorced couple scheme to recover the retirement money that was stolen from them.



When a woman's long-time friend reveals he's engaged, she realizes she loves him herself and sets out to get him, with only days before the wedding.



A poor yet passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman, giving her a sense of freedom, but they are soon separated because of their social differences.




A middle-aged husband's life changes dramatically when his wife asks him for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a newfound friend, Jacob, learning to pick up girls at bars.



My favourites are The Notebook (I am a sucker for rain kisses and Ryan and Rachel chemistry), Crazy, Stupid Love (not a great movie, but worth watching for Steve Carell's comic genius and Ryan and Emma's chemistry), Emma (brilliant in every way), and Leap Year (my favourite out of this list.)

But they're all seriously brilliant, and definitely the perfect films for a Valentine's Day marathon (all the better if you're alone and stuffing food into your mouth - yes, that would be me.) 


What are some of your favourite romantic\comedy movies? 
Do you like any of the ones on my list?



6 comments:

  1. Leap year is one of my favorite movies! I also love Emma... So sweet. Great romantic picks. Can't wait to hear what your favorite songs are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY HIGH FIVE!! I thought Emma and Leap Year were lovely, too :) <3
      Thanks Caitlin! Hope you're having a good week :)

      Delete
  2. Emma is awesome, I've always like that movie. I thought shakespeare in Love was pretty good too. And definitely, Maybe... okay I'll stop.

    I've never seen Love Punch but I like Emma Thompson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was!
      I did think about putting SIL on the list (cos I guess it's a classic of the genre) but I personally didn't really enjoy it or think it was that good, so thus I left it off.

      It's a brilliant, hilarious film. You should watch it :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched any of these, but Emma and Leap Year sound good!
    Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leap Year and Emma are brilliant!! You must DEFINITELY watch them! <3

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)