Friday, 31 March 2017

Snippets From My Writing Journal #2: Description/action


(A quick note: For those expecting The Blog Squad today, I'm afraid we're on a hiatus for this week. But we'll be back next week, so see you then :) 


Welcome to this week's snippet from my writing journal! Last week's sharing went so well and you were all so supportive and encouraging, that I've decided to do it again this week.  It's still very rough and unedited, but I hope you enjoy reading all the same :)

Context: This snippet is taken from Sara's point of view, who is the heroine of my Snow Queen retelling (Check out my Pinterest board HERE). Of all my stories, of all my characters, this retelling and Sara have been the most challenging and exciting to work with. She's such a flawed, complicated, hot-headed, uninhabited character that I have a very special place in my heart for. This scene doesn't reveal that, particularly, but I'm planing to show other snippets in the future that will. 
(While reading, keep in mind that Sara has ice powers ;). 

Written: 5 January 2017. 




And then I did some editing: 







Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed today's snippet! 


I'm thinking of making this post a regular thing - sharing a snippet from my journal once a week. What do you think? Do you want to see more? 


12 comments:

  1. You're a beautiful writer! That snippet made me want to read more. I'd love to read more of your journal, Amy, so you definitely should continue this series! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Emily! That means so much <3

      Delete
  2. What a great passage! It's interesting to see the original and then the edited version. I hope you'll share more, Amy!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! I hope to do that :)

      Delete
  3. That's so beautiful, Amy! Descriptions are my favorite part of writing, and yours were absolutely GORGEOUS.

    I'd love to see more! (gosh, that's a brave offer of you. keep it up!) :D

    <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey <3 I love descriptions too. Thank you!

      Hehe *cringes* We'll see how long I can keep my fear at bay....

      Delete
  4. Wow! They're really good, especially considering were they came from!! My writing journal is so messy!!! But they were awesome, now I want to read more... :D
    -Gray Marie
    graymariewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3
      Haha mine is definitely messy sometimes too!

      Delete
  5. You're an amazing writer! I loved seeing how you edited it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Jollygirl!
      I'm so glad you did; and it definitely needed editing!

      Delete
  6. This is wonderful Amy!

    This makes me want to read more..the description is wonderful <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uma! <3

      I'm so glad you liked it :) Thanks <33

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)