Sunday, 19 March 2017

Weekly Round-Up: Reading and Watching


Hope you've all had a good week! I've been watching and reading a lot, but unfortunately the books haven't been amazing.   I've been binge watching The Musketeers series 1, and while it definitely isn't a great series, it's been fun and relaxing :) 
I also watched The Girl on the Train yesterday, and I'll be reviewing that this week. 

In other news, I've been keeping a writing notebook since the first of Jan this year, and on the 20th of March I'll come to the end of it. I'll go onto another beautiful notebook and keep writing a page every day, but I thought it would be cool to show you some of the snippets I've been scribbling down each day since the start of the year. So expect to see some of those soon :)  


Posts of the week: 

Book Review: The Helper
Book Review: Milijun


Having not enjoyed Fielding's previous book, I was hesitant to start this one. But it's okay so far :) 



This looks like a deliciously scary thriller, and I'll be starting it in a few months. 



I can't wait to read Lyrebird, and so when I saw it in a second-hand shop for a really cheap price, I grabbed it! 
I've already read The Help, but I bought this copy because I wanted an edition with the film cover ;) 
I've already watched Rogue Nation, but I loved it so much that I had to buy a copy. 

(I won't be reviewing any of these three). 





From this week on-wards, I've decided to hold off taking any more book photos. The reason: I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with my mediocre photo-taking skills, and so I'm going to wait till I can buy loads more flowers and a nice white sheet for a background. 
I'd rather deliver the best possible photos, and until then, I'm not going to force myself to take photos that don't meet that standard.  



How's your week been? What have you read or watched? 

14 comments:

  1. Nice new reads! Totally new to me ones! Though I totally understand the need to buy certain editions! LOL! I do that far too often!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Haha yeah! *high five* I'm glad you can relate!

      Delete
  2. I don't know much about photography Amy, but I like your pictures if it's any consolation. Nice haul as usual!! Have a great Sunday! :)

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie, that's so kind of you to say :)
      Thanks! You too!

      Delete
  3. I think your photos are looking super pretty! But I totally get what you mean. <3 I BOUGHT THE HELP TOO THIS WEEKEND. I'M SO EXCITED. I hope you have a great week, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyra <3
      YOU NEED TO DROP EVERYTHING AND READ IT NOW NO JOKE. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
      Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  4. The Fourth Monkey looks good. I've read other books by the author and liked them. Looks like a very nice haul to break out of the not so great reads:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad to hear you've enjoyed his other works! That's encouraging :)
      Have a lovely week, Laura!

      Delete
  5. It's awful when you have a bad reading week - and through no fault of your own!

    Can't wait to see some of your notebook!!! I have a bullet journal currently await some input ;p I just haven't felt artistic or had any inspiration and so I haven't wanted to mess it up!

    Have a great week and wishing you all the best for a better read!!!

    P.S. I liked your photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!

      Thanks! Haha shame :( You must use it! It's practically a sin for it to lie unwritten in ;)

      Thanks Di! Same to you <3

      Hehe ;) Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I totally understand how you feel about book photos, they're so hard and I keep seeing all the gorgeous bookstagram photos and just argggg >< Awesome post! :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! <3
      Thanks Brittany!

      Delete
  7. Love the colours of your current reads cover, really striking!

    ReplyDelete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)