Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #29: BRAVE NEW GIRL - by Rachel Vincent


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.


Publication Date: 9th May 2017. 

We have brown hair. Brown eyes. Fair skin. We are healthy and strong and smart. But only one of us has ever had a secret. Dahlia 16 sees her face in every crowd. She's nothing special—just one of five thousand girls created from a single genome to work for the greater good of the city. Meeting Trigger 17 changes everything. He thinks she’s interesting. Beautiful. Unique. Which means he must be flawed. When Dahlia can't stop thinking about him—when she can't resist looking for him, even though that means breaking the rules—she realizes she's flawed, too. But if she’s flawed, then so are all her identicals. And any genome found to be flawed will be recalled. Destroyed. Getting caught with Trigger would seal not only Dahlia's fate, but that of all five thousand girls who share her face. But what if Trigger is right? What if Dahlia is different? Suddenly the girl who always follows the rules is breaking them, one by one by one. . . .

I've never read any of Vincent's books, but they look so good. I also love this cover, and the premise sounds so interesting - not particularly original, but definitely interesting. I really hope to read it sometime soon!





Anyone else excited for Brave New Girl? 

30 comments:

  1. I have read other books by this author. She is often hit or miss with me. Not sure if I will read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that :( I have heard mixed things about her books.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yassss!!! LOOOOOVE Rachel's books and sooo excited to read so many of them this year!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I hope we both get to read this one soon!
      Visited yours :)

      Delete
  3. This one is new to me, but it sounds really interesting! And you don't have too long to wait until it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! I love Rachel Vincent, her books are always very different yet captivating.
    I hope we both enjoy this one when it comes out :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that!
      Thanks, I hope so too :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of her books but I've definitely heard some good things :) I hope you enjoy this when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This books sounds so intriguing! Great post! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so interesting! I actually have a future book idea that sounds vaguely similar, so this book sounds like something I'd enjoy!

    Amy, I blame half of my TBR troubles on you and your fantastic book recommendations. This is all your fault lol ;)

    Have a great day!

    ~Caitlin @ Quills & Coffee
    www.caitlinlambert.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does :) Ooh cool! I'd love to read that someday :)

      Hahaha! #sorrynotsorry ;)

      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  8. This sounds good! I read this author's Bloodbound trilogy it was okay, guess I should giver her another chance cause this sounds really good!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good :) Ah sorry about that! I hope you get to read this one soon and enjoy it.
      Visiting yours now...

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It really does!
      Just visited yours :)

      Delete
  10. Love that cover. So chilling... that alone makes me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Oh yes, chilling is the perfect word to describe it. Haha great :)

      Delete
  11. I feel like this author never stops writing! I'm not too familiar with this one, but I have another one of her 44084395894 books publishing in 2017 for review. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true!! She seems to just churn them out, lol :)
      Thanks Alyssa!

      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  12. I love Rachel Vincent's books, and this one is definitely on my list! Great pick! I hope we both enjoy this when we read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad to hear it! Thanks, me too :)

      Delete
  13. I haven't read any by this author, but I like the premise! I agree it's not too unique, but it still sounds fun! Great pick. I'll be adding this to my TBR. :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, but yeah, it still sounds fun!
      Sure :)

      Delete
  14. I love dystopian books, so I'm very curious about this one. It sounds very interesting! Hope you enjoy reading it :) Awesome WoW pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it :) And it does!
      Thanks, Brittany :)

      Delete
  15. YAAAAAY!!! SO glad you like this one, too!! As you know, this was my CWW pick a couple of weeks ago. I really CAN'T WAIT for this one to release, so I can swoop down on B&N (or Amazon, hehe), and grab it!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I know I will!! <3 :)

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my CWW post!! Have a GREAT weekend!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY YAY YAY!! Oh wow that's so cool! Haha I know right?!! Thanks so much, I hope we both LOVE it!

      Sure :) :) <3 <3 HUGS!! Thanks, you too! <3

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)