Sunday, 16 April 2017

Weekly Round-Up: Happy Easter!!


HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!! 
He has risen!  

I hope you all have a glorious Easter and enjoy celebrating Jesus' resurrection. I'm going to my grandparents for lunch, and tomorrow we're having a family picnic with my cousins and more family members ;) And we'll have an Easter egg hunt with them - although with my family the competition is rather fierce and tends to get "violent". It's hilarious, cause while I'm not competitive at all, some people take it so seriously. It's so fun to watch what chocolate - or the lack of chocolate - can do to a person!      

Last night I saw the film Lion, and I'll be reviewing that in a week or so. 


Posts of the week: 

Book Review: DARKTHAW
Film Review: ARRIVAL
Book Review: PUSHING PERFECT
Book Review: FROSTFIRE



I bought some book photo props this week, and I'm so happy to be back at taking bookish photos!


Today I'm gonna start buddy-reading Six of Crows with Di @ Book Reviews By Di, and I am SO excited to read this book that I've been dying to read for ages



I'm also still buddy-reading Heartless with Aneesa @ A Crave For Books, and so far our feelings have been very similar and very mixed. 


I received some beautiful book mail this week that I AM BEYOND EXCITED TO READ. 

Caraval is a book I never thought I'd be fortunate enough to get my hands on, and now that it's sitting on my shelf, surrounded by my other babies, it's still so surreal. I am SO HYPED to read it! 








I got The Assassin's Blade out the library, and WOW I knew what was coming, but still WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY. 
I'll write a review in the next few weeks - after I've pieced my heart together again. If that's even possible.  





I'm also starting a new feature on my blog - called Writers' Words - that will encompass all writing posts from now on. And I'm planning to make writing posts a regular thing on my blog.  





Di and Uma share their Blog Squad posts - Part VIII and Part 8 








How's your week been? What are you doing for Easter? 
Hope you have a fantastic rest of the day and eat lots of chocolate!  

16 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! I hope that you enjoy Six of Crows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and to you! Thanks, I am so far :)

      Delete
  2. I don't celebrate any of the holidays through the year so it's been the usual quiet weekend for me and I hope to get some good reading done today. Maybe some white chocolate later if the reading goes well-I can't eat milk chocolate now because of the caffeine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a wonderful day eating chocolate and reading, then! Urgh no, that's a shame :( Well, enjoy the white chocolate!

      Delete
  3. We're an atheist household and aren't celebrating but just enjoying a nice, long weekend and some family dinner :) I hope you have a great celebration. Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely, relaxing weekend and dinner :)
      Thanks Olivia!

      Delete
  4. Oh yay for getting Caraval!!! Loved that one! Hope you will too!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm SO excited!! Glad you did, and thanks!
      Visiting yours now :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter! Your feelings on The Assassins Blade basically sum up my whole thought process while reading it. Yay fro getting Caraval! I just got it too as a gift from the Easter Bunny. My mum knew I've been dying to get my hands on it. I really look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brooklyn, and to you!
      Ah I know, it broke my heart :(
      Eek that's AWESOME!! Hope we both love it! <3

      Delete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful Easter, Amy! I'm so glad you're finally reading Six of Crows. And Heartless and Caraval. You're in for a lot of treats!

    Have a great week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa!
      Haha I know, I've waited so long :)
      Eeek I hope so!!

      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  7. I hadn't seen that cover of Heartless before... cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cool!
      Thanks for stopping by, Lauren!

      Delete
  8. Happy Easter - Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Six of Crows, its been on my TBR pile for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and to you :)
      Ah mine too! And so far it's been awesome!

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)