Friday, 5 May 2017

A Blog Squad Special: A Tag!


We are a group of three bloggers from different continents who have been bringing you “The Blog Squad’ - a series of discussion posts about book blogging!

We have always enjoyed reading your comments and views at these posts and this time around, we have a special post in which you could participate too! We present to you ‘THE BLOG SQUAD TAG’ where we answer five questions about having a bookish blog and hope you would join us too!


1: Is there a particular blogger who inspires you? 


Oh gosh this is hard. There are SO SO SO many amazing bloggers out there who have inspired me and continue to do so.
One blogger I definitely think is worth mentioning is Brittany @ Book Rambles. She writes amazing, informative, entertaining reviews, and her blog’s neat, organised and attractive. She also replies to every comment she receives and comments regularly on other blogs - despite getting tons of blog comments herself. She’s also so humble, and I admire her so much.

Then of course, I love my fellow Blog Squad gals: Di and Uma. I’ve learnt so much from them, thoroughly enjoy doing these collab posts with them, and it’s so awesome knowing they have my back as I have theirs. <33 I live for our chats - however crazy our fangirling might get ;)

The blogging community is AMAZING. I’m so grateful for every blogger I chat with and every blog I get to visit. I am constantly inspired by your posts and reviews <33


2: What is your blog's niche? 


My blog contains book and movie reviews, the occasional writing post, and any fun and random posts about movies or books. Primarily, it’s a book and movie blog.  


3: What is your top bookish confession? 


My confession is very much like Di’s! My imagination’s also scary imaginative, and especially when I was younger I basically lived in my head. I wish - doesn’t everyone? - that the lines of reality and fantasy could be blurred, and that I’d get to experience the worlds I only ever read and dream about.   


4: What are your top 3 bookish pet peeves? 


Opening a book (wait, I shall explain..!) - When I read books, I barely open them. I’m super careful about bending books and making dents in the spine. My Mum gets super annoyed with me whenever she borrow one of my books because I “lecture” her on how to open a book. I’m neurotic about book care and how you should hold a book when you read it, so that it still looks brand new when you’ve finished with it.

The price of books - do I really need to explain this? Books are so darn expensive - at least for my budget - and sometimes it just makes me want to cry.

Stickers on books - Libraries and bookstores are infamous for this. But WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU PUT A STICKY LABEL ON THE COVER OF A BOOK?! It’s BOOK ABUSE. And not only could you end up tearing the book, but when you take the sticker off…...you could - *gasp* - LEAVE. BEHIND. A.  PERMANENT. MARK.


5: Name 3 books you would recommend to anyone. 


Gosh this is hard. But I guess, if I had to choose, it would come down to these three:

They’re incredibly different from each other, but are all equally brilliant.

Cranford - Elizabeth Gaskell’s beautiful tale of the sweet, outrageously funny and lovable town life of a small English village is unforgettable. It’s a feel-good story, and superbly told.
The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins’ debut thriller is truly excellent. Gripping, brilliantly written, twisty, elegant, and packed with flawed, unreliable characters, it’s probably my favourite novel of all time.
Room - Emma Donoghue writes flawlessly from the perspective of a five year-old boy who’s lived his whole life in a tiny outside room with his Ma. It’s a heartbreaking story, but insanely good.  



Check out Di and Uma's tag answers!




We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this tag! Please feel free to take part on your own blog, and do tag us on Twitter or elsewhere if you decide to participate. We’d love to see your answers!

10 comments:

  1. Yep, agree with you. Physical books are expensive. That's why I'm more into ebooks kindle now. They're easy to carry and not so expensive. Not to mention, easy to buy as well. Just one click! Anyway, I loved the movie ROOM and really want to read the other two, especially The Girl on The Train. :)
    Awesome discussion, Amy. I'm always happy to read your blog squat discussions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY ARE :(
      Ah that's so awesome! I don't like e-book at all, unfortunately, so that doesn't work for me. For some reason I just can't enjoy the book as much if it's not print :(
      The movie of ROOM was amazing!!! I actually saw it before I read the book. I hope you get to read those books soon!
      Thank you, Geybie <3 So glad you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree with all your pet peeves. I hate cracking the spine, books are way too expensive, and stickers that ruin the cover bug me so much!

    Love this tag, ladies, I may be using it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five* So true!

      Yay so glad you enjoyed it! And YES, that would be awesome! Hope you do it :)

      Delete
  3. Physical books are expensive, but something about holding them and seeing them on my bookshelves makes me happy!
    And ugh. I can't stand the stickers on books!! I go to the library so often that the librarians know my name, and when they're getting rid of books, they let me have the first pick! BUT THE STICKERS. UGH. SO ANNOYING!!!!! I've even tried steaming them off, nothing works! :'(
    -Gray Marie
    graymariewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! It's the best feeling ever!
      I KNOW RIGHT?! GOSH.
      Oh cool that's a unique idea, I haven't thought of that! But sorry it doesn't work :( That's so annoying.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Right?!? How can people -- especially readers and writers -- not live in their heads? On my nanowrimo profile I put that "I live in my head." At least I know I'm not crazy now xD

    STICKERS ON BOOKS ARE H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E.. (need I say more? ;)

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW HEY?! Haha ;) I stand with you in craziness! <3

      THEY ARE SO HORRIBLE. IT MAKES ME MAD.

      Thanks for stopping by, Audrey!

      Delete
  5. I totally relate to your feelinsg about book care and opening a book! :) I'm super careful while reading NOT to bend or break the spine in any way, and it's so scary to lend out books because then you're never sure how you will get them back... And ugh, stickers are indeed terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five* Oh YES lending is terrifying! I always worry about that, lol ;)
      They are!
      Thanks for stopping by, Lindsey :)

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)