Monday, 1 May 2017

Monthly Wrap-Up: From April to May


IT'S MAY. I'M SCARED. Because I have a totally unbiased reason for thinking it's the best month of the year and it's also a kinda win-lose situation because I'm getting older. It's my birthday this month and I'm not telling you how old I am because then it'll make it realer (I don't think that's a word) and I'll freak out again.  And now I'm thinking the number and freaking out anyway.
ANYWAY. 

Reading: I read a lot of books this month (WHOOP WHOOP) so I'm really happy. 

Watching: I only watched two movies this month (still WHOOP) and although that isn't a lot, I made up for it by reading. And I've also been re-watching Arrow because - *sighs* - sitting on the couch with coffee and watching the good guys and girls beat up the bad guys and girls is kinda therapeutic. (I kid you not. That series is like my happy show and I need series 3 and 4 like no chill, ya'know?). Note to self: stop talking typing like a hyper hippie. I'm acting strange, aren't I.    

Writing: I'm still writing every day, and I've been busy outlining my current WIP. I'm struggling a bit with the characters, though, so I'm gonna have to work on that this month. 


Posts of the month (excluding reviews and weekly round-ups): 



My Reviews: 











So many amazing books....*sighs*  
My favourites were the Six of Crows duology and Perfect





My Reviews: 


Arrival - 2016

Lion - 2016


Both of these movies were incredible. I enjoyed Arrival more, but Lion was also amazing. 




There are so many amazing books sitting on my shelves that I want to read this month, but here are the top priorities: 

(And today I'm starting buddy-reading Caraval with Caitlin @ Quills and Coffee).  









How was your April? What did you do? Read or watch anything good? 

14 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday! I have mixed feelings about getting older, too, but since my husband is 4 years older than me, he reassures me that it's no big deal! P.S. He loves Arrow, too! Looks like you had a great reading month and have some awesome books to look forward to! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! Haha at least you have that assurance ;) Lol.
      Yay that's awesome! It is a great show :)
      Thanks so much <3 You too!

      Delete
  2. Eeep, I hope you love Caraval! It's one of my favorites :) It's also my birthday month! Happy early birthday :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! So far, I'm not loving it, but I do like it :)
      *high five* YAY!! Thanks, you too ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy early birthday, Amy! Congrats on the awesome reading accomplishments in April! I'm also super proud of you for writing every day this past month *high five*. Excited to be buddy reading with you =) Thanks for the shout-out! Here's to more happy reading (and writing) in May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin! And thanks again!
      Me too, it's gonna be so much fun :)
      Sure. And definitely!
      Have a lovely week ahead :)

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday this month (just ignore the number lol). Glad the WIP is moving along, and yeah for Arrow. I binge watched the first two seasons once upon a time, but I'm so behind now.

    I loved Arrival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, and lol ;)
      Haha yeah same. I desperately need the next ones, even if I have watched a lot of them on YouTube already ;)

      It was AMAZING! And I'm so glad :)

      Delete
  5. Really glad to hear you enjoyed the six of crows duology - its next up on my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was AMAZING :) I hope you love it too!

      Delete
  6. Happy early birthday, Amy! ^^

    And shhh! Don't admit that it isn't a word - it IS. At least in your dictionary. ;)

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Haha ;) Thanks for the support!

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)