Monday, 15 May 2017

My Dream Author Panel


Eventbrite has this really cool programme where you can plan all kinds of events and find events specially in your area that you can go to. I love the idea of planning and dreaming about my own bookish panel, so this post has been really fun to do! Even if it's only a dream :(   

This is also the kind of thing that changes constantly. So I'm sure that in a few months, I'll have a whole other string of new favourite authors to add to the list. But for now, here's my dream panel...




My list is comprised of a vast variety of authors who all write different genres and in different styles and would probably never been seen together in a panel. But hey: This is hypothetical, so what's wrong with dreaming? And this would be a dream come true for me... *sighs* 

(I have only included authors who are still living.)  





Cecelia Ahern - author of P.S. I Love You 




Emma Donoghue - author of Room



Michelle Gagnon - author of the Don't Turn Around trilogy



Leigh Bardugo - author of the Six of Crows duology













A.G. Howard - author of the Splintered series  












Paula Hawkins - author of The Girl on the Train









Brigid Kemmerer - author of Letters to the Lost



Angie Thomas - author of The Hate U Give







Jonathan Stroud - author of the Lockwood & Co. series





These are the questions I would LOVE to know their answers to! 

1: Is there one book someone else has written that you wish you'd written? 

2: If you could be one of your own book characters for a day, who would it be and why? 

3: What's your favourite classic film and novel?

4: Are there any themes you always seem to have running through your novels? A "brand", so to speak. 

5: What's your best advice for an aspiring author? 

6: Who is one of your ultimate role models? 

7: Sum up your writing style in one sentence. (Example: "writer of dark fairy tales, brooding heroes, and fearless damsels"). 

8: Name one thing you think we need more of in today's novels. 




I love the idea of the panel being held in a cafè; a sort of coffee-shop atmosphere. We'd order coffee or hot chocolate, and cake or pastries, etc, and listen to the authors talk. HEAVEN.  




Who would you have on your dream author panel?! What questions would you ask them? Where would it be held? Do you like my list? 
Chat with me! 

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I really like some of the authors you've chosen. I would love to ask an author about their writing process - where do they like to write, do they keep to a strict schedule, other little rituals they might do during writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela!
      Oooh nice one! I would also love to know that :)
      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  2. This is such an original post Amy! I have yet to read many of the authors you've listed. I have book reader shame right now. :D It would be such a dream to just sit in a coffee shop with my favorite authors and just listen. Ahh..pure bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genni! Haha ;) You should, they're SO good.
      Ahh yes!! See you there! Lol :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun post! And omg just for Leigh Bardugo, I would definitely attend this panel :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Brittany, and thanks!
      OH YEAH :) She'd be amazing.

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)