Wednesday, 3 May 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #31: FLAME IN THE MIST - by Renee Ahdieh


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.


Publication Date: 16th May 2017. 

The daughter of a prominent samurai, Mariko has long known her place—she may be an accomplished alchemist, whose cunning rivals that of her brother Kenshin, but because she is not a boy, her future has always been out of her hands. At just seventeen years old, Mariko is promised to Minamoto Raiden, the son of the emperor's favorite consort—a political marriage that will elevate her family's standing. But en route to the imperial city of Inako, Mariko narrowly escapes a bloody ambush by a dangerous gang of bandits known as the Black Clan, who she learns has been hired to kill her before she reaches the palace. Dressed as a peasant boy, Mariko sets out to infiltrate the ranks of the Black Clan, determined to track down the person responsible for the target on her back. But she's quickly captured and taken to the Black Clan’s secret hideout, where she meets their leader, the rebel ronin Takeda Ranmaru, and his second-in-command, his best friend Okami. Still believing her to be a boy, Ranmaru and Okami eventually warm to Mariko, impressed by her intellect and ingenuity. As Mariko gets closer to the Black Clan, she uncovers a dark history of secrets, of betrayal and murder, which will force her to question everything she's ever known.


CROSS DRESSING. JAPANESE MYTHOLOGY. ACTION, ROMANCE AND MYSTERY.  A COVER THAT MAKES ME THINK I'VE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN.
I really really really really really want this darling.




Anyone else excited for Flame In The Mist?!

20 comments:

  1. I hope you'll love it (:
    I just finished Flame in the Mist and reviewed it ^^
    I was lucky enough to get an e-ARC from Netgalley! (thanking my luck). Not long now before it's officially published (:
    I'm afraid I didn't love is as much as I wanted to, but it was quite enjoyable, and I know a lot of people are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoey :)
      Yay I'm gonna go check out your review now!
      Sorry about that :( But I'm glad it was still enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. Great pick! This is definitely a highly anticipated book around the blogosphere! Only a couple more weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely is, and eeek yes!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. This is one of those books I will buy just because the cover is gorgeous! The plot does sound interesting... it reminds me of a Mulan retelling! But the cover <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so true! And it has actually been called a Mulan retelling, although apparently it isn't.
      Oh I know <3

      Delete
  4. YES! I'm dying to read this one as well. Patiently waiting till I can get a copy from the library.
    I hope we both enjoy this one. Have a lovely week.
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!
      Thanks, me too :) And thanks again, you too.
      Visited yours :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you love this book as much as I do! Fabulous WoW pick :D Happy reading!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so too! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. ahhhhh!!! I am dying to read this book, I cannot wait until it comes out!!!! :)

    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited for this book too! I can't wait to check this book out!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad! Hope we both love it!
      Visited yours :)

      Delete
  8. YES!!! This sounds and looks SO good! It's completely beautiful and I love the plot and it seems like it will be everything and more. :) Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does!! So true, I totally agree :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  9. I've read this book and I'm so glad to say that it is AWESOME! Definitely worth the hype. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY! Thank you, Alyssa :)

      Thanks, you too.

      Delete
  10. Ronin and samurai and alchemists... looks good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Thank you Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)