Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #33: WONDER WOMAN: WARBRINGER - by Leigh Bardugo, & WONDER WOMAN (film)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.
I have two picks today because I think they belong together and I am equally excited for both of them :)



Cast: Gal Gabot / Chris Pine / Robin Wright / 

Release Date: 2 June 2017. 
Before she was Wonder Woman she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained warrior. When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, she leaves home to fight a war to end all wars, discovering her full powers and true destiny.


EVERY TIME I WATCH THIS TRAILER I GET GOOSEBUMPS AND START DANCING AROUND THE HOUSE. IT IS BEYOND AWESOME. THAT ACTION THOUGH. I AM HYPED.




Anyone else excited for Wonder Woman?!




Publication Date: 29th August 2017. 
She will become one of the world’s greatest heroes: WONDER WOMAN. But first she is Diana, Princess of the Amazons. And her fight is just beginning. . . . Diana longs to prove herself to her legendary warrior sisters. But when the opportunity finally comes, she throws away her chance at glory and breaks Amazon law—risking exile—to save a mere mortal. Even worse, Alia Keralis is no ordinary girl and with this single brave act, Diana may have doomed the world. Alia just wanted to escape her overprotective brother with a semester at sea. She doesn’t know she is being hunted. When a bomb detonates aboard her ship, Alia is rescued by a mysterious girl of extraordinary strength and forced to confront a horrible truth: Alia is a Warbringer—a direct descendant of the infamous Helen of Troy, fated to bring about an age of bloodshed and misery. Together, Diana and Alia will face an army of enemies—mortal and divine—determined to either destroy or possess the Warbringer. If they have any hope of saving both their worlds, they will have to stand side by side against the tide of war.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LEIGH'S WRITING AND I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT SHE DOES WITH THIS EPIC HEROINE.




Anyone else excited for WONDER WOMAN: WARBRINGER?!

24 comments:

  1. Nice! Curious about both of these really! Was never big on Wonder Woman but the movie does look good and I love Leigh's books so I might have to try this one too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure Leigh will ace it :)
      Visited yours :)

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping Wonder Woman is better than Batman v. Superman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH ME TOO! DC needs to redeem itself ;)

      Delete
  3. YAASSSS Wonder Woman: Warbringer is such an epic book, I hope you love it as much as I do :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved it! And thanks! <3

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh, I can't wait to watch the movie and read the book! It's a great strategy, to publish the book in the same season so the movie releasing (or thereabout). I hope you enjoy both, Amy!

    Have a lovely week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five*
      Haha it is, right?! That was my first thought.
      Thanks Alyssa :)

      Delete
  5. DUDE how did I miss that Leigh Bardugo is writing a Wonder Woman novel??? I feel like I should've heard of this by now. Well, there's another thing to look forward to! :D

    (and that cover though... I'm in love already and can picture it making a lovely addition to my bookshelf. xD)

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT LOOKS AWESOME RIGHT?!

      Same :) *drools*
      Thanks for stopping by, Katie!

      Delete
  6. Yes! I can't wait to read this one either. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally can't wait for this (both book and movie). The movie looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for these tooooo! Super excited for BOTH of these and I cannot WAIT to get more Bardugo in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I'M SO GLAD!!

      Delete
  10. YAAAAAAAASSSS!!!! OMG, YES, YES, YES!!!! I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR BOTH THIS MOVIE AND BOOK!!! I have GOT to get the book, see the movie, and then own it on DVD!!!! AWESOME PICK, AMY!!! WOWZA!!!! LOL!!

    I LOVE Bardugo's writing, too!! Thanks SO much for featuring these two GOODIES!!! Thanks as well for commenting on my "Can't Wait Wednesday" post!! HUGS!!!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! That makes me so happy!!
      Sure!! <3 <3 HUGS HUGS!! :) :)

      Delete
  11. YES!!!! I can't wait for the movie, and I HAVE A PREORDER OF THE BOOK ALREADY!! Why must it be so far away???
    Great pick this week, I hope you enjoy both the movie and the book when they come out :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! And that's so awesome!! Haha I know right?! I doubt I'll survive till August ;)
      Thanks! <3

      Delete
  12. EXCITED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT FOR HOW I FEEL. I never was big on Wonder woman... until I saw her little part she had in Batman vs. Superman and I was sold. I am so looking forward to her movie now, and of course, anything Bardugo reads I would already read. Knowing it's about Wonder Woman just has me more sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.
      Yeah, same! She made watching that movie worth it ;)
      Completely agree :) Hope we love both of these!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)