Thursday, 1 June 2017

Monthly Wrap-Up: From May to June...


Oh I'm terrified it's June!! The year is running away and the future's scary ;) 

Life: I turned 17, started bookstagram, and stressed about school which isn't going well (the school, not the stressing. I'm good at stressing.) As much as I love bookstagram, it's also making my anxiety skyrocket, and I'm trying to force myself to relax and stop comparing my photos to others. Practice makes perfect, I suppose. 

Writing: Not going well. I even missed a day of writing which was awful because I haven't missed one since the beginning of the year. As for my stories, I've been too busy with blogging and bookstagram to even glance at them. 

Reading and blogging: I read a lot this month and blogged a lot. But it's also exhausting me, and I'm gonna try take June slower. 

Posts of the month: (excluding weekly round-ups & reviews). 





My Reviews: 


Caraval - Stephanie Garber 

One Perfect Lie - Lisa Scottoline

The Lost Knight - Candy Atkins

A Tragic Kind of Wonderful - Eric Lindstrom

The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas

Letters to the Lost - Brigid Kemmerer

Ice Kissed - Amanda Hocking 

A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas

That Night - Chevy Stevens 

The Diabolic - S.J. Kincaid


I read a real mix of books this month: some bad, some good, some medicore. But my favourite was definitely Letters to the Lost, and my least favourite was Ice Kissed.  





My Reviews: 



La La Land - 2016


Both amazing movies, but my favourite was La La Land





This is a real mix of books, but I am SUPER SUPER EXCITED for Passenger and The Cruelty!! I can't wait to read them!





Did you have a good May? What did you do? What did you read and watch?  

20 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks like you had a great month for reading! I'm sorry about the anxiety, though! I still haven't seen Beauty and the Beast, guess I'll be waiting for Netflix for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!
      Thanks <3
      Ah you must, it's lovely :)

      Delete
  2. May was decent from a reading and blogging point of view for the most part. I always deal with my blog, bloglovin', then email, then Goodreads and no real time for other social media!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...poor you. Take it easy Amy, school is important but you are also important.
    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late birthday!
    I'm sorry that you have to go through anxiety and stress about school! I hope that next month you're able to take it easy and relax more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (late) birthday! <3

    Your bookstagram is BEAUTIFUL. I've been seeing the pictures show up in my feed and just squeal every time. Keep up the great work!

    I pray your June is more relaxing <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey!

      Aww thanks <3

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Hey, even though you've missed a day of writing, you've still been productive this month, so cut yourself some slack. ^.^

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby :)
      Thank you <3 I'll try :)

      Delete
  7. Happy belated birthday! I love that you do movie reviews, book reviews, weekly round ups and Blog Squad posts (I probably missed some type of post in my list)!

    You've had such a productive month- I hope to be this productive in June, now that school's out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yay I'm so glad, and thanks :):

      Haha! I hope you have a lovely June :) <3

      Delete
  8. I followed you on Google+ recently and have enjoyed a couple of your posts! Sorry I haven't commented yet... Don't stress about blogging otherwise you will quit! So be warned... lol, I know because I quit for a year when I got stressed. Now I take it slower and don't stress if I choose real life over the blog. There is always tomorrow. *smiles* Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Thanks for the encouragement! I know I must try :)

      Hope you have a lovely June!

      Delete
  9. Love you're bookstagram, you're photo's are beautiful, I remember when I first started bookstagram and I totally understand the pressure, I felt as though I had to post every week. I think the most important thing is to do what your happy with a bit like with blogging do it because you enjoy it :)

    - Deborah @ Hills of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Deborah, and thank you for such a beautiful comment. That's so encouraging <3
      Have a lovely week :)

      Delete
  10. Argh. Only just getting around to blogs again now! I was super organised up to last weekend and then.... Life...

    Love your bookstagram pics chic! You're doing wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! Haha, life sure is an inconvenience..

      Thanks girl <3

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)