Sunday, 18 June 2017

Weekly Round-Up: Reading


It's been another slow week blogging wise, and I'm feeling a bit guilty about that. But this coming week will be a lot busier because I have reviews to get up. 

I haven't done much writing this week, and have mainly been reading. Last night my family started watching series 3 of Broadchurch, and it's AMAZING. Almost as good as the first season and definitely better than the second; we're so gripped, and can't wait to see what happens. 


Posts of the week: 

Book Review: THE FOURTH MONKEY
 I'm still slogging through Passenger, although perhaps that's a bit harsh. I do like it, but it's also disappointing me in a lot of areas.   



Finished this week: 

Di and I raced through Shadow and Bone and finished it on Friday night :) 
Both reviews will be coming this week. 



Next Up...

Di, Uma and I are starting a threesome buddy-read of Siege and Storm sometime this week! I'm so excited! 

And I also got The Darkest Part of the Forest from the library, so I'm starting that today :) 






Melissa asks Where is the Light?  in writing. 

Audrey talks Perfectionism in Writing  




The Blog Squad is a series of discussion posts Di, Uma and I do every Friday, and if you have any bookish or blogging related questions for us to feature, comment below! 


Did you have a good week? What are you reading or watching? 

24 comments:

  1. I adored The Darkest Part of the Forest - I hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love all of Leigh Bardugo's books and I'm so glad you're enjoying them! Passenger was disappointing for me too :(

    Asma @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear it!! I'm desperate to read more of hers.
      Ah no sorry about that :( I'm hoping it'll still improve for me though.
      Have a lovely week :)

      Delete
  3. I almost started Broadchurch! I ended up watching Shetland instead but I think Broadchurch might be the next one I try. Apparently mysteries in the British isles are my thing. :)

    The Darkest PArt of the Forest looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO!! It's AMAZING, I'm sure you'll love it :) I've never watched Shetland, though. Better look out for it.

      It does!

      Delete
    2. If you like British mysteries, you might also like Happy Valley or The Missing, though both are very dark and not happy at all despite the title.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Olivia, I'll keep an eye out :)

      Delete
  4. Shadow and Bone! <3 D'aww, it really sucks that Passengers isn't really working out-- can't wait to hear your review, though!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe!
      I know, I'm so disappointed :( Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Yay! Shadow and Bone. I am still waiting for my ordered copy of Siege and Storm and I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeek that is exciting! Hope it arrives soon!

      Delete
  6. I'm in a good reading place but a heatwave has landed so I'm worried I might turn into a sloth and stop reading! It's going to be cannibals and aliens for me this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Although YUCK for the heat :(
      Lol ;)

      Delete
  7. We watched the American version of Broadchurch. I liked it, but I'm not sure they're going to have a second season. I've been craving a fantasy read lately, so I'm going to keep on eye on the books you have coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's an American version??!! I must look that up!
      Haha nice :)

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to see what you thought about Shadow and Bone! I've also had a slow couple of weeks, reading and blogging-wise. Thank you for sharing :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It is nice to take it easy for a while :)
      Sure. Have a lovely week, Brittany <3

      Delete
  9. I love Broadchurch, I haven't yet seen season 2 but hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DO NOT FEEL GUILTY! DO NOT!

    I *should* be busier, but I'm not. :) And I don't feel guilty about it. My massive ARC pile - yes, I feel guilty about that. But not about my blog content ;)

    So excited about Siege and Storm! It's going to be EPIC doing a three-way buddy read! :) Hopefully the book is as epic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OKAY! Haha

      Thanks Di :) Yours is the right attitude!

      YAY!!

      Delete
  11. Can't wait to read your review of Shadow & Bone! About to pop over and do just that in a moment. It actually appeared on my Top Ten Tuesday list today of series I've been meaning to start. That one has been sitting on my shelf for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Hope you have a lovely weekend, Tanya :)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)