Sunday, 30 July 2017

Weekly Round-Up: watching and writing and school


School started this week, but it actually went pretty well. And fast. Really fast. I've also been watching a lot of Netflix and finished series 1 of The 100 and I'm almost finished with series 3 of Arrow. I'm not really feeling motivated to watch series 2 of The 100, though....I read up about it and apparently there's no Bellarke for the next few seasons except for some mild hints that only the die-hard shippers will interpret positively. Darn it.  
I gave up on Gilmore Girls (so boring and contrived) but I started Gossip Girl and am loving that.  

I've been forcing myself to write a lot this week. I finished my first draft of my outline, and I'm hoping to actually start writing the book soon as well. *gulp*

Posts of the week: 
Book Review: THE LOST GIRL




NOTHING!!
SOB.

But I'll be starting a lot of books on the first of August :) 





I got this incredible package from Penguin Random House and I LITERALLY COULD NOT COPE WHEN I OPENED IT. I'd only requested Thirteen Reasons Why, yet they sent me the others as well! 


I also got an eBook of Silver Blood to review. 






Emily talks about when Books become TV shows

El reviews Here and Gone

Melissa does the Dual Character Tag

Silvia shares her July FairyLoot Unboxing!


Olivia reviews Crazy House





I have exciting news! In August it's my 1 year blogiversary, and as part of my celebration, I'm going to be answering questions from you guys in an upcoming post. 

 So comment below with any question or questions you're interested in having me answer, and I'll feature and answer them in the blogiversary post! 

 (You're welcome to ask personal questions, just not too personal please. Lol ;)



Have you had a decent week? What are you reading or watching? 
Have you been writing anything?  

24 comments:

  1. I started watching the 100 pretty recently, too! I'm don't really ship Bellarke yet, but I definitely do ship Flarke..Although, now that Raven's here, I'm not so sure about that :-)

    Congrats on the blogiversary! My question is...What's your favorite tv show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Raven!! I'm not a big fan of Clarke, actually, but I still ship Bellarke ;) If that doesn't work that, I'd love for Bellamy and Raven to end up together...

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Ooh I read Everything, Everything this month and thought it was absolutely 100% amazing so I hope you love it as well! 13 Reasons Why is also an old-time favorite of mine. Sad to hear you didn't enjoy Gilmore Girls. It's one of my favorite shows but I definitely see why it wouldn't be for everyone. I used to watch Arrow back when season 1 first debuted, and I really liked it....I should try to catch-up with it one of these days! Have a great week, and congrats on your upcoming blogiversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad!
      It's so good, you should :)
      Thank you! You too :)

      Delete
  3. My dad is catching up with Game of Thrones and this week he will be watching all of season six so I can finally share fan theories and stuff with him! It's been a better reading week with some good books thankfully. The 100 is one of the many things I need to get watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nice!
      You should, it's really good :)

      Delete
  4. Awww I'm sorry you didn't like Gilmore Girls :( It's one of my fave shows, but I know it isn't for everyone. Look at all the glorious books you got! Everything Everything is soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks, me too :(
      Yay so glad to hear it! I look forward to starting it :)

      Delete
  5. GG is one of my all-time favorite shows. I get that it's a little quirky and maybe not to your taste, but </3 I had watched the first few seasons of Gossip Girl (I just realized that this is a GG too!) and it was delicious. I don't know why I stopped. Maybe it switched nights (?) Congratulations of your first year as a blog! Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it, though! And yeah, lol, GG ;)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I'm excited for your upcoming blogoversary! I'm really interested to know your answer to my question. XD
    Thank you for linking to my post! That's really sweet of you. <3 Good luck with your writing; you can nail that first draft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thank you! Haha, yeah I need to think of my answer...
      Sure, my pleasure <3 Thank you Melissa!

      Delete
  7. If you're a Bellarke shipper and hoping for something to happen...it's not probably for a long time. I love Bellarke, and yet there have only been subtle hints. And to be honest, it's probably out of fierce friendship and not anything else. I would say that the second season and fourth season are my favorite of the series. Ooh Gossip Girl! That's such a guilty pleasure! And I felt the same about Gilmore girls. I gave up after a couple episodes. That's awesome that you got a package from Penguin!! That must have been super exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh nooooooo :( :(
      But yes, Gossip Girl really is a guilty pleasure! It's so awesome!
      It was SO exciting!! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. I've heard great things about Penguin Random House INT, which is awesome. I adore Penguin Random House (USA) and their various YA and adult imprints. Happy early blogoversary!

    Have a lovely week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but this package actually came form their SA imprint :)

      Thanks Alyssa, you too!

      Delete
  9. How did you get the books from Penguin? Sounds like a great package. They approved me for a few ebook ARCS and I was so happy :) Hope you get to read many books soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from Penguin Random House SA, and just emailed to request :)
      Yay that's great! Happy reading!
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  10. Nice that the first week went well. And even better that it went fast. LOL
    I remember reading the Gossip Girls books many years ago but I never saw the TV show.
    What an awesome box from Penguin!!
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true!
      I still need to read the books. I'd be interested to see what they're like...
      It is!
      Thanks Tanya, you too!

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing my link to my list of August releases! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, it was a great post :)

      Delete
  12. No idea why I thought I'd been and commented on this! Must have done it in my head! In ant case, I'm glad all was going well and I'll catch up on this week's post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no worries! I do that too ;)
      See you there, then :)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)