Sunday, 10 September 2017

Weekly Round-Up: Busy and stressful


I'm so sorry everyone!! I've been terrible at blog hopping and replying to comments this week, and I didn't manage to post the discussion/fun posts I was planning to post. The results came in from the poll on Twitter, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to actually follow through on them.   


This week's been stressful and busy. I had school to do yesterday, as well, and a ton of blog and email catching up. My cousins are down for a holiday WHICH IS AWESOME, but it also means that my blogging suffers a bit. Sorry peeps :(  
There have also been a few stressful experiences I've had to endure this week and I spent most of Friday an absolute wreck. I really hope this week will be better - and that I get to read and write a lot more.   


Posts of the week:
Book Review: SCARLET




I've literally just started The Empty Grave, which I'm reading for a blog tour. And so far I'm not particularly enjoying Canary Club or Crazy House :(  



I didn't request Dark Carousel or The Witchwood Crown (and probably wouldn't have, given the chance) but they just arrived on my doorstep and I hope I like them when I get to read them.

I did request Wayfarer, and I look forward to reading that :) 


I won a copy of If Birds Fly Back from Pan Macmillan SA and it looks so cute and fun. Can't wait to read it :)  






Angela reviews Into the Water

Alyssa reviews If There's No Tomorrow

Kariny reviews and shares a giveaway for Even the Darkest Stars

Julie reviews Alex, Approximately 

Di reviews One Dark Throne

Suzanne reviews Warcross




I've decided to start this new feature on my Weekly Round-Up where I share news from the entertainment industry that has transpired in the past week. I might occasionally mention bookish news, but it'll mainly be about film and celebs since I don't get to talk about them much on my blog and they're one of my main interests.  
(And don't worry, the Kardashians will never feature ;)  


This couple have acted in a number of films together and are so cute - onscreen and off. I love their chemistry (it's gooooooorgeous) and I'm so excited that they're finally tying the knot!!

There's a Joker movie in the works and apparently they want to go with a new actor for the title role. Leonardo DiCaprio has been rumoured for the part, but Jared Leto (who portrayed the character in Suicide Squad)  is against the idea and "confused" with the producer's decision to not have him continue to play the character.
I personally think DiCaprio will be great, but it's all conjecture for now.   

Loki. That's all I can say.  

I never saw the original Tomb Raider starring Angelina Jolie, but I'm a big fan of Vikander so I'll definitely be watching this one.  

Such a stunning couple.

Starring Steve Carell and Emma Stone in this biopic about the life of tennis champ Billie Jean King, this film has been very well received so far. 



And that's enough for now! Hope you liked the new feature :) 


Hope you had a good week? Did you get any awesome new books? 

20 comments:

  1. I'd like some of the apocalypse authors to send me some books! I'm so happy to be back reading the genre this month. Sorry I don't pay any attention to celebrities and couples so I can't really comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they do!
      No problem :) Hope you're having a good week.

      Delete
  2. OOoh nice! Those are new to me ones other than Wayfarer. Sometimes those surprise books can be a good thing! And congrats on your win! I hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica!
      Visited yours :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have some great books coming up! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout-out! I love the new entertainment news section, I love reading stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to apologize for life getting in the way. We have all been there. I am guessing you are like me and don't blog ahead. I just can't seem to get ahead. Oh well.
    All of your current reads look interesting. I am curious about Wayfarer. I didn't like Passenger as much as I had hoped, but maybe the series gets better? I think it was just hard to compete The Girl From Everywhere and they were both time traveling on ships. Anyways, glad to have found your site through Book Reviews by Di. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do blog ahead, but this last week's been crazy :(
      Hopefully it does! I didn't love Passenger either.
      Nice to meet you, Karen :) Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  6. I always appreciate it when people share entertainment and book news on their blogs, sometimes sifting for information on things just sends you down a rabbit hole you never intended to fall down.

    I hope you enjoy all of your current reads!
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) And yeah, good point actually.

      Thank you, Brittany! <3

      Delete
  7. AMY I WANNA SEE YOUR WRITING UPDATES TOO!!! And great post sweetie! :) Yay for entertainment news!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW THANK YOU UMA!! Maybe one day... ;)

      Delete
  8. Awh, hopefully you have a better week this week. I like the entertainment news, I can never be bothered to go looking for it myself unless it pops up in my feed or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooklyn :)
      Yay thanks! Yeah me too, actually - but then my feed is cluttered with it cos I follow and like so many pages and stuff ;) Haha
      Hope you're having a great week.

      Delete
  9. I'm a bit behind with reviewing, hopefully I get a lot of it done this week. Life just sometimes has other plans for us. Can't wait to hear more about your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame Olivia, sorry about that :( Hope this week's been decent so far.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  10. While I like Wayfarer, I didn't like it as much as the first book, but I hoe you enjoy!

    Also um, there is a Tomb Raider reboot? Clearly I'm not up-to-date like you guys are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no, sorry to hear that! But thanks!

      There is! Lol :)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)