Thursday, 22 September 2016

Book Arrivals! - EXCITEMENT IS HERE


I am so excited right now because I have two amazing new books that I have been dying to read for basically months and I'm dying to start them but I can't yet cos I'm already reading library books at the moment and so AHHHHHH just let me introduce you to the newest members of my book family <3 <3 <3 :)




Let's take a moment to just appreciate this cover and premise:
This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence.

Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.

When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.


Another minute. And another. And........
How beautiful is it seriously?! 

Splintered looks fantastic. Not only do I love YA and urban fantasy, but Alice In Wonderland gone creepy and dark and twisted?! Heck yeah!  The premise is amazing, the cover is amazing, and I am so delighted to have finally got my hands on this gorgeous beauty <3



I found it at Readers warehouse, randomly searching their site and drooling over everything booky. The price was amazingly reasonable - they were having a Super Sale! - and I just jumped at the chance to own it :)  




And I also got the second book in the series, Unhinged !!!!!! Quite a gamble, I know, but heck, I'm half in love with it already and that's just cos of the cover and premise and advertising ;)













Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to start reading these amazing babies until October :(  
It's because at the moment I'm reading two library books, and I'd rather wait to finish them first before diving into fangirl phase, hehe :)  



Have you read the Splintered series? What did you think? (without spoiling for me, obviously!) Did you get any new books this week? 



3 comments:

  1. YES YES YES, THEY'RE SO AMAZING GAH! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - these are beautiful! Heading straight over to GR to add them to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I can't wait to start them!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)