Thursday, 1 September 2016

ECLIPSE (Twilight #3) - by Stephenie Meyer

Year Published: 2007 - by Atom. 
Genre/s: Paranormal romance/urban fantasy/young adult 
Pages: 629.
Author: Stephenie Meyer. 
Source: Bought. 

Blurb:
As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?


-Meyer’s writing definitely isn’t anything special – it’s simplistic, easy-to-read, far from unique, and yet...I still love it.  Maybe it’s because the characters feel so real to me, and because it’s fast paced, exciting, and basically just addictive reading. And maybe it’s just me, but I really thought Meyer got a bit deeper with her concepts and Bella’s life-changing choice…….it could almost be called thought-provoking. Almost; not quite.  



(Re-reviewed on the 1 September 2016. First read in April 2016). 
- I still think Bella’s an IDIOT to want bloodlust over humanity. <i>Just</i> for a guy who runs her life for her; although I suppose if you’re Bella, you’d also choose that because you’re so blinded by obsession and the fact that this PERFECT GUY CHOOSES <i>ME</i> OVER EVERY BEAUTIFUL VAMPIRE AND OH MY WORD I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM. ) *sarcasm*  
That leads me to: Bella worships Edward and it’s sickening. It’s like he can do no wrong.  She lets him run her life for her, and she just goes along with it! Come on, girl, wake up already. Not to mention she's sill very whiny and self-absorbed and vain. Urgh.  
But I still kinda like her character overall because in most things I relate to her.  NOT that I will ever let a guy run my life for me and order me around and make decisions for me, but instead because I have her shyness, her awkwardness, her hatred of sports and running, etc, and so and so on. And there were some parts in the book that I just thought “oh my word I would so say that” or “I would <i>so</i> do that!”   

- I really liked the humour in this one. A lot of funny comments and incidents. 

- Still don’t like Jacob. He's taking Edward's lead now and controlling Bella. 


- Oh, and I was really disappointed with the end fight/climax. It wasn't as exciting, gripping, or as long as I'd hoped it would be. A real let-down. 

I give it:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)