Friday, 18 November 2016

Writing Resources: Writers, you CANNOT afford to miss these helpful sources!


In honour of NaNoWriMo, I'm going to introduce to all you writers who don't already know about them, some TERRIFIC AND AMAZINGLY helpful sites and sources to aid you in your writing. I kid you not, most of them have totally revolutionised my writing style and structure, and each one is a gold mine.


 Now Novel is a fantastic website to develop your novel ideas. They provide questions to help you sort out your idea and develop your characters and plot and setting, etc.
If you want to go further with your novel idea and be allowed to develop your novel more, then you have to pay a certain price to be allowed to access those features.
You can also subscribe to their newsletter or follow them on Facebook to get free tips and prompts which I have found to be SO helpful :)

Now Novel /   Twitter   /   Facebook    /




Ink and Quills is an amazing blog run by Kaitlin. As an author, she provides tips on all different aspects of writing; including how to create your fantasy world, publishing advice, how to write epic villains, and how to avoid YA cliches.
This blog is amazing! I have found it SO SO useful and her tips are so easy and helpful.

Ink and Quills /  Twitter    /  Facebook    /



   K. M. Weiland is an author and writing coach. She has written a number of amazing books about writing and structuring your story, and my writing process has totally changed since I discovered her site. She writes incredible blog posts, from writing dialogue to creating character arcs to structuring your story to perfection.
One particular blog series I found immensely helpful was a series she did using the Marvel films as examples of what to do or don't do when it comes to your writing.
PLEASE CHECK OUT HER SITE! She's amazing, and provides so many free worksheets, etc, to help you develop your novel ideas, worlds, and characters :)

 Helping Writers Become Authors  /  K. M. Weiland   /  Twitter /  Facebook  / Goodreads /



Creative Writing Now is a site that provides basic tips and a ton of writing prompts for poetry as well as writing. They run frequent online courses, which you can get a discount on if you sign up for their newsletter; the newsletter also provides weekly prompts and tips.
The best thing about this site is the amount of free prompts you can get :) And their tips provide a solid basis for developing your story better and learning more about writing.

Creative Writing Now  /  Facebook  /  Twitter




Any other writing sources you've found helpful? 


10 comments:

  1. What an awesome list! I don't write even though I've been tempted to try at many times in my life - but if I ever did I would be all over these resources!

    I hope your NaNo is going well and I can't wait to read more of your work ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Ah, these sources have seriously helped me so much.
      Thank you for commenting and visiting the post, even if you don't write :)

      Thank you, it is :) I'll have some updates, etc, on Sunday! Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  2. What great resources! I've been a fan of WriteItNow (a software that helps you organize/build your novel) for a really long time and use it whenever I'm trying to figure my next plot out. Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, glad you liked them :)
      Oh wow cool, thanks for telling me about WriteItNow. I'll definitely check it out :) Thanks!
      Thank you :) And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. oh I love Ink and Quills! She writes the most detailed posts about various things that are so useful to writers! Also when writing fantasy you ought to check out Fantasy Faction. They have articles about so many things like various fantasy creatures, settings, etc. under the writers category! Do check it out - http://fantasy-faction.com/category/writers This particular page has so many epic posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so glad you know about it!!And yes, her posts are awesome - so informative and simple and helpful :)
      Oooh thank you, I'll definitely check that out. Thanks so much for the info!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing - will deff be checking these out. I also really like Susan Dennard's blog - She gives great advice too. Especially if your stuck with a synopsis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, I'm glad you found the sources useful :)
      Oh cool, thanks, I'll definitely check her blog out. Thank you!
      Have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this! I'll definitely have to check out Novel Now and Creative Writing Now!

    Molly @ Molly's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it useful!
      Thanks for commenting, and have a lovely day:)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)