Friday, 9 December 2016

Bookish Gifts You Treasure: Let's Talk


Since Christmas is just around the corner, I thought it would be nice to hear from you what gifts (bookish themed) you've received in the past - and not just for Christmas; birthdays too, or any other event. Bookish swag, books, anything book themed that you were given (or given money to get) and that holds a special place in your heart <3 Let's share and chat :)


I've been so lucky to receive a number of bookish gifts in the past, but the one I treasure the most is my beautiful paperback copy of The Girl on the Train. I bought it brand new (something I literally never do when it comes to books) with birthday and Christmas money, and not only did I LOVE reading it, but it's still as new and clean and smooth as when I first got it. 
It's my baby <3 I love it so much. 



But let's not stop there. Whether or not you received it as a gift, is there any book that holds a special place in your heart simply because you love the story so much or because it just looks so gorgeous? 
That's how I feel about Room. I saved up a lot of money to buy this gorgeous darling online, and I love it madly. Unfortunately my brother opened it roughly and it now has a dent on its spine (something I try fiercely to avoid when I'm reading) but otherwise it still looks brand new.  
And I ADORE the story, too, so it's the whole package :) <3 




Let's talk gifts and books!  What bookish gifts have you received and will always treasure? Or what books hold a special place in your heart? 


10 comments:

  1. Books, I always love to get lots of books (both books that I've already read, and books that I haven't.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Room! It was such an emotional and yet important story and it's something that I treasure as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO true, and I'm glad to hear you love it too!
      Thanks for commenting, and have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  3. I am always excited about my current books received. Although I love them, I usually end up giving them away for others to enjoy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I agree :) But wow, that's so kind of you! That's a great idea :)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Goodness bookish gifts! I have had a few from there people, I love this boxfile which is shaped book which my family got me the other year, it stores my - stupidly large - bookmark collection. I generally end up buying myself bookish gifts instead though! ;)

    Deborah @ Hills of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that boxfile sounds so cool!! And I love bookmarks, although I usually resort to ribbons and bits of paper I have lying around :(
      Lol, I'm the same! Who knows us better than ourselves, right?!

      Delete
    2. Ah ... my mum is a 'anything is a bookmark' kind of person but I love a nice (mostly leather) bookmark, they are also good for playing with while enjoying a good book :)

      Delete
    3. Haha, yeah I would prefer a leather bookmark, but whenever I seem to need one, I'm always in a rush and end up grabbing the thing closest to me! Lol.
      Haha that's a good point! I must try that ;)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)