Sunday, 11 December 2016

Weekly Round-Up: Reading, Watching, Life


I've had a really busy week but an enjoyable one :) My brother's gone to camp for five days, which is cool but kinda sad cos I'm realising just how much I miss him, and I could have gone too except that big crowds terrify my socially awkward self. So I'm staying home - reading, watching, and sleeping. *smiles*


I did a bit of blog redesigning this week. Once again, I felt like my blog needed to look more professional and neater and easier to navigate, so...hence the change. AND I love designing cos it's fun ;)
But I'd love feedback! What do you think of it?
My friend came for a sleepover on Monday, which was awesome. We stayed up till after midnight watching movies (for me, re-watching, since they were mine), and I loved it. Oh! and I also re-watched The Help with my Mum last night, because she still hadn't seen it. (If you missed my review of it a while back, here it is. It's SUCH a good film).
Yeah. It was a busy movie-watching time for me ;)

I finished three books this week (Woo hoo!!): See Me, Sisters Red, and The Hollow Boy (follow the links to read my reviews). And I bought two new films - Ocean's Eleven and Ocean's Twelve - and I watched Eleven last night. It was SO good - my review will be posted tomorrow. Also, I'll be watching the new Jason Bourne film on Monday :) SO excited.
This week's posts: 
Teaser Tuesday #1
Waiting on Wednesday #10
Follow Friday #2
Bookish Gifts You Treasure


Currently Reading......

I was really expecting to love Under the Never Sky. So far, however, I'm not. I'm really not. Well, I hope it improves. (Big time...) 



Next Up......


I'm sure I'll enjoy The Sealed Letter, having loved Donoghue's Room.
Minus Me I'm more hesitant about, just because it's totally new to me and looks strange. But the cover is beautiful. 






Well, that's my week! I better go; we're going to my grandparents for lunch :) Have a lovely day everyone and thanks for stopping by! 


How's your week been? What have you been up to? What are you reading or watching? 

20 comments:

  1. I have heard great things about Veronica Rossi's books, and sad you are not liking Under the Never Sky so far :( Anyways, have a great week :)
    Prabhleen @ Booksarelife987

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, me too. I'm really disappointed cos I was expecting to love it AND almost everyone else seems to. Oh well.
      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  2. I like the font you've used in the header Amy :) Also the pages navigation is really neat :) And I agree! Designing is FUN!

    WOW! three books in a week is awesome! I'm proud of you <3 And OMIGOSH! Ocean's Eleven and the sequels are so AWESOME :) I'm glad you liked it! I was expecting to really like Under the never sky too..hmm..we'll see..Hope you have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love it too :) Thanks! I was definitely going for neat and professional. Hehe, it so is, right?! Hehe.

      I know, yikes! Haha thanks! Oh YAY I'm so glad you loved them, that's so cool to know!
      Maybe you will like it, I hope so. I feel like I'm REALLY in the minority here ;)
      Thanks for stopping by! And I hope you have an amazing week too :) <3

      Delete
  3. Ohh, too bad you don't enjoy Under the Never Sky so far, and I hope it will get better.
    I'm looking forward to read your review for Ocean'sEleven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know :( I'm SO disappointed. Thanks, I hope so too.
      Thank you, it'll be up tomorrow :) Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  4. Sisters Red looks good! I really want to watch the movie for See Me! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I hope you get to read it sometime! Ooooh is there a movie? I didn't think there was......
      Thanks, you too! <3

      Delete
  5. I love that cover of sisters Red, so distinctive. And hope you like Jason Bourne, I love that franchise. It wasn't quite as good for me as the other ones (I missed Pam Landy and some of the older cast) but it's still good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an interesting cover:)
      That's interesting to know, thanks for saying so. I've enjoyed it, too, although my favourite film was probably The Bourne Legacy; I love Renner & Weisz :)
      Hopefully this film will be good too.

      Delete
    2. That one was good! I think Jason and Renner's character would make a pretty good team. I liked Weisz' character too...:)

      Delete
    3. It was definitely my favourite :) Oooh that's a good idea! Yeah, I thought she was amazing. Her and Renner made the movie.

      Delete
  6. I've only read two of Veronica Rossi's books but I really enjoyed them both. I seriously need to finish the "Under the never sky" Series - time just never seems to be on my side! Otherwise Sister's Red has been on my shelf for ages... I must make an effort to read these next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them! I wish I was, lol ;)
      Haha shame, I hope you get to finish it soon! And get to read Sisters Red as well, it's so good.

      Delete
  7. The redesign looks very neat. <3 It's a shame Under the Never Sky isn't going too well for you. We've never read it but we've heard great things about it!! Hope it gets better for you.
    ~ Pendragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I know, it's so disappointing, and yeah, I've heard great things too so I was expecting to love it! Thanks, I hope so too :)
      Have a lovely Monday!

      Delete
  8. Blog design is a time sucking exercise - and yet so much fun. I want to say I'm done playing with mine for a while.... Buuuuuttttttt I know myself better than that!

    I like the way yours is looking right now. :) And thanks for having me on your blog roll! I still need to create mine! Because I want something so specific I'm having hiccups! I can't just use the stock standard widget. ;)

    Sorry your current read isn't what you expected. :( But glad you've been enjoying movies! I haven't watched anything recently but I did get to Cpt America Civil War the other week and I enjoyed that although I did miss the Hulk and Thor. :) I'm a sucker for Marvel movies.

    Sisters Red looks so good to me and I loved your review. I'm keeping my eyes open for that one.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I agree! HAHA totally! Lol!

      Thanks :) Sure! Oh no, shame, hope it sorts out soon. Blog hiccups are SO infuriating.

      Thanks. I know right?! Oh YAY that's so awesome, I'm also a Marvel girl, and I'm actually going to watch Civil War this week and I'm SO excited to see it! Glad you loved it! <3

      It really is, hope you get to read it soon. Thank you :)

      Thanks, you too! <3

      Delete
  9. Love the redesign Amy! I hope you enjoy your reads :)
    Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! <3
      Sure :) Have a lovely week, Kimberly, and thanks for the comment.

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)