Tuesday, 10 January 2017

Emoji Book Tag



Hello everyone! Today I'll be doing something quite different on my blog: participating in a book tag! (Which I've never done before because I'm kinda afraid of them, don't know why).
I'm so excited to take part in this one, and thank you, Uma @ Books. Bags. Burgers, for tagging me :)

Rules: You have to correspond books to your 5 (I'm doing 3) most recently used emojis. I'll be doing one book per emoji (I'm limiting myself due to time, otherwise I could go on forever with about a thousand books per emoji)), but you can do as many as you want!   




As in, MY HEART IS SHATTERED AND I'M CRYING BUT I'M HOLDING MOST OF IT INSIDE (hence the ONE tear, please note).  




The Luxe's Will and Elizabeth MY HEART. Beautiful, beautiful couple that are torn apart by social differences. And for basically the whole book I was holding the ache inside me - maybe shedding one tear -  and it's especially painful knowing how their romance ends, since I read the second book a year ago and although I'm re-reading it now I KNOW WHAT'S COMING AND I CAN'T FACE IT. 




As in, LOVE LOVE LOVE FOR MY BEAUTIFUL BOOK AND CHARACTERS

I use this emoji in like everything I love, or slightly love. It's kinda obsessive. 
And I certainly felt - feel - love for Ahern's How To Fall in Love. The story, the characters - I ship Adam and Christine so bad it's not even funny - and basically everything about this book is encompassed in a ❤. It's just so warm and fuzzy and lovable and tragic and gorgeous. 







As in, SMILING COS I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD AND IT'S A HAPPY DAY 
(It's also kind of a creepy smile, though, don't you think?)

Cranford made me beyond happy. It was like a hug; a warm, fuzzy, overwhelming, genuine hug.  
I love classics, but this one was something special. So amazing and HAPPY and just so warm and enjoyable. I totally lost myself in it, and I was laughing and crying and SMILING basically the whole time. (Not all at once, though).  







I tag the following people to do the Emoji Book Tag: 




Hope you guys participate!


12 comments:

  1. I think I saw a few episodes of that Cranford on TV years back though I don't remember what it was about now. Argh, have to pass on the tag though as I don't ever use emojis on anything! I'm not an emoji, Pokemon, Facebook, apps kind of girl I'm afraid! Don't even own a mobile phone! *giggles* Happy to do most book tags though so don't be shy about tagging me in other ones in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I LOVE the TV series too, it's SO good!
      Ah, sorry about that :( Totally understand though!

      Delete
  2. I've never read any of these books! What a fun tag :D Thanks for sharing :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, you really should! It is :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you did the tag AMY! <3 It's awesome!! I've heard so many good things about The Luxe series <3 Must check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me toooooo, thanks for tagging me! It's really good, I hope you get to read it soon! <3

      Delete
  4. I NEED to read The Luxe series! But ah...it's going to break my heart, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YOU DO! But heck yeah, your heart will be broken :( :( <3

      Delete
  5. Nice tag! We might have to give The Luxe another try because we read it so long ago, we don't remember much about it anymore. :)
    ~ Pendragons 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Yes you should, it's captivating :)
      Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  6. This is such a cool tag, Amy! I'm sorry I couldn't do it :( I'll keep my eyes peeled for more tags in the future though! :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's perfectly fine, Audrey :) <3 Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)