Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #27: SPINDLE FIRE - by Lexa Hillyer


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.


Release Date: April 11th 2017. 

Half sisters Isabelle and Aurora are polar opposites: Isabelle is the king's headstrong illegitimate daughter, whose sight was tithed by faeries; Aurora, beautiful and sheltered, was tithed her sense of touch and her voice on the same day. Despite their differences, the sisters have always been extremely close. And then everything changes, with a single drop of Aurora's blood--and a sleep so deep it cannot be broken. As the faerie queen and her army of Vultures prepare to march, Isabelle must race to find a prince who can awaken her sister with the kiss of true love and seal their two kingdoms in an alliance against the queen. Isabelle crosses land and sea; unearthly, thorny vines rise up the palace walls; and whispers of revolt travel in the ashes on the wind. The kingdom falls to ruin under layers of snow. Meanwhile, Aurora wakes up in a strange and enchanted world, where a mysterious hunter may be the secret to her escape . . . or the reason for her to stay.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE fairy tale retellings. And this book sounds AMAZING. A dark retelling of Sleeping Beauty with two sisters, a deadly spell, a prince, a mysterious hunter........CAN I HAVE THIS BOOK NOW PLEASE? 




Anyone else excited for Spindle Fire?!


26 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome. Looking forward to your review. It'll be released very soon. I know, I know it's not soon enough for you. Hehe. I always feel the same when I have to wait the book I'm dying to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Thanks :)
      Haha so true ;)
      Thanks for stopping by, Geybie!

      Delete
  2. Popular pick lately! Seeing it around a bit and I am rather intrigued! Love a good fairy tale retelling!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and yeah it seems to be popping up everywhere!
      Fairy tale retellings are amazing :) *high five*

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for this one. I've heard so many good things about it.
    I hope we both love it when we read it :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad :)
      I hope so too! <3

      Delete
  4. I've really been getting into fairy tale retellings lately, and this sounds like a good one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! So happy to hear that! I'm obsessed with them ;)
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. haha! Yes, to exactly what you said! I want this book in my hands right now! lol! I had this one as my WoW last week. I love fairy tale retellings and I haven't seen too many about Sleeping Beauty so I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha *high five* I know right?! And I hope we both LOVE it!

      Delete
  6. This is also one of my most anticipated books! Fairy tale retellings are awesome, I love them :D I hope we both enjoy this book :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! And I'm so glad :)
      I hope so too!

      Delete
  7. This one sounds really really good. First time I am seeing it.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does :) Glad you like the look of it!

      Delete
  8. I remember seeing this book on Edelweiss! I might binge-read the series after all of the books are published. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool :) And great idea!
      Thanks Alyssa, I hope so too! <3

      Delete
  9. Oh yes, I'm really excited for this one too! Sleeping Beauty doesn't seem to get the retelling treatment often, so I can't wait to see how this one is handled.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoohoo! I'm so glad!
      Yeah, that's actually true. I hope this one is good, then :)

      Delete
  10. Oooh! A Sleeping Beauty retelling! This should be interesting!


    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be!
      Checking yours out now :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, a "Sleeping Beauty" retelling!! Sounds absolutely AWESOME!!!! I like the way this writer has told it, too -- including a sister, who is very much action-oriented, was a TERRIFIC idea! And I'm also intrigued by the added twists!! Last but definitely NOT least, the cover is just....EXQUISITE!! Thanks for contributing to my Goodreads shelves, Amy!! Lol.

    Thanks as well for commenting on my CWW post!! Hope you're having a BLESSED day!!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does right?! I KNOW!! IT SOUNDS SO UNIQUE AND AMAZING!
      So glad you love the look of it, Maria! Lol

      Sure! Thanks, you too!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  12. super excited for this - not to mention the cover is totally gorgeous! Such a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! And the cover is lovely - really captures the fairy tale vibe :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  13. Ooh I love fairy retellings too! This sounds good! The cover is beautiful too! Nice pick!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! And I agree, the cover definitely is! Thanks!
      Sure :)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)