Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #42: THE LAST MAGICIAN - by Lisa Maxwell


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.



Published: 18th July 2017. 

Stop the Magician. Steal the book. Save the future. In modern day New York, magic is all but extinct. The remaining few who have an affinity for magic—the Mageus—live in the shadows, hiding who they are. Any Mageus who enters Manhattan becomes trapped by the Brink, a dark energy barrier that confines them to the island. Crossing it means losing their power—and often their lives. Esta is a talented thief, and she's been raised to steal magical artifacts from the sinister Order that created the Brink. With her innate ability to manipulate time, Esta can pilfer from the past, collecting these artifacts before the Order even realizes she’s there. And all of Esta's training has been for one final job: traveling back to 1902 to steal an ancient book containing the secrets of the Order—and the Brink—before the Magician can destroy it and doom the Mageus to a hopeless future. But Old New York is a dangerous world ruled by ruthless gangs and secret societies, a world where the very air crackles with magic. Nothing is as it seems, including the Magician himself. And for Esta to save her future, she may have to betray everyone in the past.


Okay, so I know this was published yesterday, but this is only one day off and I really really really needed to include it as one of my most anticipated reads because it looks AMAZING. 
Old New York, magicians, a girl who's a thief, dark secrets.....this looks like Passenger meets Doctor Strange

AND ISN'T THE COVER JUST SO FREAKIN' GOOOORGEOUS?! 

I can't wait to read this eerie beauty.  IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE. 

(And PS: I'm taking part in the blog tour in August SO DOUBLE YAY!)




Anyone else excited for The Last Magician?

22 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Seeing a lot of this one! Which makes me think I should give it another try!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty distinctive cover. Sounds interesting but I don't generally read a lot of historical books so part being set in 1902 wouldn't suit me I don't think! Hope you enjoy it when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, doesn't this just sound so fun!! I love the time travel aspect! Great pick, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you are participating in the blog tour Amy! I'm really looking forward to this one as well. :) I'm heading over to goodreads right now to read all the reviews! And yeah, the cover is STUNNING! Great pick Amy! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited! Thanks Genni!
      Yay great! And it is :)
      Thanks, and sure!

      Delete
  5. The cover is awesome! And I've heard some really awesome things about it so I hope you love it!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! And yay, I'm so glad to hear that :)

      Thank you for stopping by <3

      Delete
  6. YES!! I've heard so many great things about this book, I know a lot of people enjoyed it.
    I hope we both enjoy it as well ;)
    Great pick this week Amy
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! And yes, me too :)
      Thanks Aneta <3

      Delete
  7. AHHHHHH!!! I CAN'T TO READ THIS BOOK!!!!
    GREAT PICK AMY!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM HAPPY!! HOPE WE BOTH LOVE IT!
      THANKS GIRL <3

      Delete
  8. Eek that cover lol. And I like mystical books and secret societies... this one definitely looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!
      It does! Thanks for stopping by, Greg :)

      Delete
  9. Oooh! I just featured this a few weeks ago! I'm also excited for this book!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool!! *high five*
      Visiting yours now...

      Delete
  10. I've been seeing this one around lately, it looks and sounds quite good! I really hope it's going to work great for you :D

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! And thanks so much :) I hope so too!

      Sure :) <3

      Delete
  11. Yayayayayay it's finally here! I completely forgot that I have an eARC of it. Whoops!

    I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it! Have a great weekend, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay indeed! And lol! Glad I could help ;)

      Thanks Alyssa :)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)