Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #43: THE WOOD - by Chelsea Bobulski


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.



Publication Date: 1st August 2017. 

After her father goes missing in the woods that they protect, Winter tries to seek the truth in what happened, why the wood is changing, and what it all has to do with the arrival of a mysterious stranger in this thrilling YA debut. When Winter’s dad goes missing during his nightly patrol of the wood, it falls to her to patrol the time portals and protect the travelers who slip through them. Winter can't help but think there's more to her dad's disappearance than she's being told. She soon finds a young man traveling in the wood named Henry who knows more than he should. He believes if they can work together to find his missing parents, they could discover the truth about Winter’s dad. The wood is poisoned, changing into something sinister—torturing travelers lost in it. Winter must put her trust in Henry in order to find the truth and those they’ve lost.

WOW. This looks so exciting, suspenseful, romantic and haunting. I love how there seems to be a ton of secrets seething beneath the surface. 
Can't wait to read this! 


Anyone else excited for The Wood?

30 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Totally new to me one! Hope you thoroughly enjoy it once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica :)
      Visiting yours...

      Delete
  2. Not long for you to wait until it is published! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read/reviewed this one recently - I loved it! It was so intriguing and well-written. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay that's so awesome!! Thanks Alyssa :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds so good! That cover is stunning...it's simple yet eye-catching at the same time. I also like the mysterious woods aspect. I feel like that's going to cause for a lot of suspense. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! And yeah, the cover's really unique and striking.
      True! I hope so!
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh, sounds kinda creepy and mysterious! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds SO cool! I mean, there's woods that have time portals in them?? Count me in! Great pick Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, that cover does look a bit creepy, but the story sounds AWESOME!! I LOVE any book dealing with time travel! So this one is DEFINITELY one I want to add to my Goodreads shelves! Thanks for featuring it, as I hadn't heard of it before!! TERRIFIC choice, Amy!!

    Have a GREAT, and BLESSED, day!!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Yay, so glad you like the sound of it too!
      Thanks Maria!!

      <3 <3 HUGS!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  8. Time portals? And a wood that has to be patrolled? I'm in! And that cover... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That sure looks like a creepy read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! And thanks :)
      Visiting yours now...

      Delete
  10. I had a chance to read this one. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but thats mostly because I'm not a huge fan of time travelling stories. But I really loved the main character.
    I hope you enjoy this one more than I did. Great post.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no sorry about that :( Yeah, time travel doesn't always work for me either.
      Glad you did like her, though!
      Thanks Aneta :)

      Delete
  11. The synopsis has me spooked!!! I'm ready to go add this on Goodreads.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually didn't have this one on my TBR... I'm not sure what I was thinking! It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad you like the look of it too!! It really does!

      Delete
  13. THAT. COVER. <3

    Definitely going to have to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This seems like a very original YA book. I love that its not the main character, but rather her father who goes missing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so true! And good point :)

      Delete
  15. I am looking forward to this book, I can't wait for the release!
    Great pick Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)