Sunday, 9 July 2017

Weekly Round-Up: I'm exhausted and reading a lot


It's been an exhausting week, and I'm feeling both physically and emotionally drained. Every morning I've been working at my church's holiday club and looking after small kids for about six hours, and it's been so tiring.
But fun! I've enjoyed it, but it is a lot of work.

I've also been reading a lot. Buddy-reads, other reads, I'm flying through books and it's awesome. I also meant to watch a movie this week but I had to cancel the booking twice because my eyes were super sensitive and to put my glasses on and watch a movie is just torture. But I've decided to make up for it in reading ;)  


Posts of the week: 

#VoicesofYA Tag!
Waiting on Wednesday #40
The Liebster Award Tag
The Blog Squad: Part 17
Book Review: Stalking Jack the Ripper
Extended Book Review: Stalking Jack the Ripper




I've just started Cinder and am loving it! I've also started The Cruelty, which I'm buddy reading with Melleny. 


I finished these three books this week, as well :) Loved Ruin and Rising and Carve the Mark, but was extremely disappointed with Stalking Jack the Ripper




There were so many awesome posts this week, so the list is long today! But do check out these bloggers and their posts; they're all amazing. 


Genni reviews three movies

Angela shares her 


Carries talks about Wintersong

Erica talks about Finding images for your blog

Melissa talks about The Comparison Trap

Chuckles shares her Anne Boleyn TBR

Bookaholic007 does The Liebster Award Tag

Brooklyn shares her June Haul





How's your week been? Are you feeling relaxed?! What have you been reading? 

24 comments:

  1. Kids are exhausting - after I spend time with my niece, I immediately go home and go to sleep. She never stops moving! But she's 18 months and already loves her books, so that makes me a happy aunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel you! Shame :( But yeah, it's good that she's already loving books! You've done your job as an awesome aunt ;) Lol.

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked Carve the Mark! I've heard great things from Jack the Ripper so I'm surprised you didn't like it :( I'll be looking forward to that review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      I had too, so it was so disappointing :(
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. You sure have good reason to be exhausted. LOL I see you're reading Cinder. I adored that series and still hoping they make movies from them. Enjoy those new books:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ;)
      Movies of them would be awesome! I'd love to see that too!
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Watching kids can TOTALLY be exhausting. Hope you are having a good weekend. Sorry to hear Stalking Jack was disappointing. But thanks for the link round up- I see some posts I missed so I'll be checking some of those out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. And thanks :)
      Yay I'm glad! The posts are awesome.
      Have a great week, Greg!

      Delete
  5. Oh no! You sound like you need a nap! Maybe a Sleeping Beauty type of nap. :D Aw man, I'm sorry you were disappointed by SJTR. I'm planning to binge-read the first and second books of the series soon. :/ Hopefully you read something great next!

    Have a fabulous week, Amy. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that sounds perfect ;)
      It was so disappointing! But thanks :)

      Thanks, you too, Alyssa.

      Delete
  6. Yikes sounds like a tiring week. I couldn't imagine working with small children, you must run around a lot and keep your eyes open.
    I hope you love Cinder. I really enjoyed it, but I absolutely loved the second book of the series. Cant wait to see your review.
    I hope your next week is a little more relaxing. Good luck
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely!
      Thanks, I ended up loving it! I've heard the next books are even better, though, so I look forward to those!
      Thanks Aneta :)

      Delete
  7. Awh, thanks for the mention! I hope you enjoy Cinder, I really liked it. I look forward to hearing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still a little unsure about Cinder (if I like it or not) but I hope you do! Lots of people LOVE it. XD
    Thanks so much for the mention! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt exactly the same before I started it :) Thanks!
      Sure <3

      Delete
  9. I decided to download a sample of Stalking Jack the Ripper as I've seen very mixed reviews on it and I didn't want to risk buying it. I'll be looking at that today but my hopes are not high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! Hope you like it more than I did :)

      Delete
  10. Sorry that you were disappointed with Stalking Jack the Ripper! I haven't read it yet, but a lot of my friends LOVED it! I am super happy that you loved Cinder though! I love the Lunar Chronicles. :) Thanks for mentioning my post, you're super sweet! Your job sounds really awarding, even if it's taxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really was disappointed!
      Yay so glad you do :)
      Sure <3
      Haha it was!

      Delete
  11. Oh wow, child care is definitely exhausting. No wonder you've been feeling so drained.
    I've been meaning to start Cinder for ages but still haven't got around to it. Can't wait to see what you think!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :)
      Ah you should! I ended up loving it.

      Delete
  12. Proud of you for helping out with kids for 6 hours every day - that's super tiring! I start volunteering with kids as well on Saturday so wish me luck ;D Wow - you've read so much! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck!! That's great :)
      Hehe...making the most of holidays ;)

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)